Descrição da Vaga
About the Unit
Leader in plant nutrition, Yara seeks to contribute toward food production for the world's growing population, one of the main challenges currently facing the planet. Through its fertilizers and nutrition programs, the company has an impact on society, by enabling higher return and quality of crops around the world. Yara also offers industrial products and solutions which reduce emissions, improve air quality and provide support to safe and efficient operations.
The Development and Innovation department applies technical knowledge to test existing products, in addition to developing new products and technologies for the continuous expansion of new business in new markets.
To be the local representative of Crop Nutrition R&D in Sumare and ensure close collaboration with global YaraVita Marketing & Business Development for both YaraVita and Biostimulant products. Manage the implementation and application of joint Crop Nutrition R&D processes and tools and global field trials.
* Work in accordance with relevant legislation, Company Health & Safety Policy, Yara Safety Principles, Golden Rules and in line with Company Values;
* With Safe by Choice in mind, consider your health and safety and that of those around you. Specific HESQ related responsibilities are documented in the HRIS record.
* Overall provision of global agronomic support for all foliar and micronutrient fertilizers and biostimulants;
* Approval / review of all YaraVita & Biostimulant product recommendations for Brazil;
* Coordination and quality management of Foliar & Micronutrient trials;
* Scouting for new results in global scientific agronomic literature to support the development of YaraVita & Biostimulants;
* Provide market support consisting of trial data and visual documentation as required for YaraVita & Biostimulant products;
* Collaboration with appropriate external organisations;
* Lead the greenhouse research plan as the main opportunities to increase technical knowledge.
Research & Development:
* Manage the Sumare R&D Glasshouse trials programme on behalf of Crop Nutrition R&D;
* Present the ongoing research activities to visitor groups in close alignment with YaraVita product management;
* Management of specified Brazilian research projects for substantiation of value proposition e.g. replicated field trials in Brazil by suitable agricultural research institutes and field trial contractors;
* Ensure the quality of the results, prepare conclusive reports, compile and analyse big data sets, transform data into databases and communicate results via different channels;
* In case of specific local requirements test new YaraVita & Biostimulants formulations for safety and specific legal requirements;
* Manage the local implementation and application of joint Crop Nutrition R&D processes and tools (e.g. Joint Ownership Trials; Databases, Share point);
* Management of the data generated in all research with YaraVita & Biostimulants formulations according to standard joined processes;
* Responsibility for the approved recommendation system for all product / crop combinations involving YaraVita & Biostimulant formulations;
* Prepare conclusive scientific studies on topics related to crop nutrition, crop physiology and biostimulants including scientific literature and in-house knowledge and data.
* Contribute to joint activities e.g. preparation of presentations for market support, maintaining and providing facts and data in defined formats for digital knowledge tools.
- Agronomists (Agronomic Engineering) with Master or Doc degree in Soil Science, Plant Nutrition and Plant Phisiology with experience in R&D and good relationship with main Influencers of Brazilian R&D community.
- Experience in themes related to micronutrients, foliar absorption, plant physiology and bio stimulants is one important requirement.
- A thorough knowledge of crop agronomy, data management & analysis.
- Experience of conducting and managing replicated glasshouse trials and replicated field trials involving nutritional input treatments.
- A thorough grasp of the safety and performance characteristics of the individual YaraVita & Biostimulants products gained over several years.
- A sound appreciation of the critical parameters that apply to managing appropriate recommendations for YaraVIta products.
- Advanced English.
Yara Brasil is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on job requirements and individual qualifications without regards to disability.