Descrição da Vaga
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
As a UX Research Associate, you will conduct research, analyze real user behavior and work with Senior Product researchers, Designers, Product Managers, Program Managers, City Operations and Engineers to improve Uber's current and future products.
On a day to day basis, you will focus on understanding different team's study objectives. You will clarify participant requirements, plan the logistics of recruitment and run ongoing studies in your region. You'll operate with awareness of our ethical obligations to our participant candidates, including informed consent and privacy concerns. You are a responsible and organized individual who can keep tabs on many projects, pay close attention to details, and plan well while accommodating the unexpected. Using your strong communication skills, you will effectively contact members of the public to confirm their suitability for studies and schedule their participation in a variety of study formats.
In the bigger picture, your work will focus on improving Uber products like the Driver app, the Rider App, UberEats and our other emerging products.
You are encouraged to identify new opportunities for user experience improvements. We strive to understand the inherent behaviors of our users and translate them into product guidelines.
What You'll Do
- Conduct qualitative research (user studies, interviews, ethnography, secondary research, intercepts) on multiple aspects of how users experience Uber products
- Plan, and execute actionable research that meets stakeholder objectives and needs
- Present research findings and recommendations to project stakeholders through written reports and oral presentations, and demonstrate impact
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills, and the ability to quickly develop recommendations based on quantitative and qualitative evidence.
- Work with the core UX teams to turn user insights into actionable recommendations
Strong capability to gain the trust of teams and show the benefit of research
** What You'll Need
BA/BS in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science or related field or equivalent practical experience
2+ years of work experience (internship excluded) in an applied research setting
Fluency in English and Portuguese
Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase
Excellent assessment and analysis skills
Some design skills
Light quantitative skills
Bonus Points If
- Experience with remote usability testing tools, such as UserZoom a plus
- Organized, detail oriented and able to work independently on multiple projects at once
- Fluency in Spanish is very welcome
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with office productivity tools including email, web browser, web apps, database search, spreadsheets/word processors (Google Apps)
- Interest in and familiarity with technology products
- Self starter, taking initiative keeping relevant partners in the loop
- Open to feedback, great at implementing them back into one's work quickly
About the Team
The UX team it a vital part of our Product Operations. You'll work alongside our Tech team both from the US and Amsterdam to tackle the hard problems involving our most important stakeholder: our customers (drivers and riders).