Descrição da Vaga
Cheesecake Labs is a web/mobile development and design company headquartered in Florianópolis - Brazil, but with a solid integration with the Silicon Valley. We make partnership with startups with great disruption potential - and we develop mobile and web solutions for them.
We are looking for a UI/UX Designer in the Florianópolis/SC area who is comfortable with the most recent trends and standards in user interfaces, as seen in the Silicon Valley.
The designer is going to be in charge of generating mockups and produce high-quality visual designs. The ideal candidate will have a strong sense of usability, aesthetics, and UI flow through a variety of screens within an application. The designer will work closely with partners, clients and development team, requiring a high level of interdisciplinary skills.
We offer: health and dental care, meal allowance, stock options, career plan, quarterly bonus, additional benefits, above average salary, flexible working time, geek culture, 24/7 snacks, beers and a unique work environment.
Some activities you would do on a typical day at Cheesecake Labs:
- Interact with other teams and professionals, including other developers, designers, project managers and stakeholders
- Understand the needs of our partners/users and come up with solutions for their problems
- Dailies with the team
- Be able to break down user stories into individual design tasks
- Conduct market and user research
- Conduct user tests
- Produce high-quality UI designs
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how product work and look like
- Use design tools like Zeplin, Sketch, Invision, Adobe Products
In order to succeed, you’ll likely need the following skills:
- Solid experience working with design tools such as Sketch, Zeplin, Adobe Products or others
- Appreciate team work
- Have a basic understanding of development principles and workflow
- Being good with critiques
- Being up-to-date with trends and design best practices
- Good communication skills, both in verbal and writing skills
- Knowledge about both iOS and material design system guidelines
- Good empathy profile
- English proficiency
Applicants should provide a URL or attach a PDF with samples of their work.
This is a full-time position located on our cool Florianopolis/SC office.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.