Descrição da Vaga
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat OpenShift.io Support Engineering team is looking for a Technical Support Engineer in Latin America. In this role, you will collaborate with our customers' top developers and architects to understand, troubleshoot, and resolve issues with OpenShift.io, an online development environment for building container-based applications. You'll also partner closely with Red Hat's development and technical support engineering teams to help resolve issues quickly and efficiently. The preferred work location is São Paulo, but well-qualified, home-based candidates in Brazil, Argentina, or Colombia will also be considered for a remote position.
Primary job responsibilities
- Understand, troubleshoot, and debug customer issues to ensure they are able to realize maximum value from Red Hat's OpenShift.io
- Partner with the Eclipse Che and OpenShift Origin communities to develop and review patches and test cases
- Guide customer-facing support cases, exceed customer expectations, and provide outstanding customer service
- Maintain technical knowledge of all aspects of our technology and market
- Share your knowledge gained from troubleshooting issues by contributing to the global Red Hat knowledge management system
- Work closely with Red Hat development engineering and assist production support engineers and technical account managers
- Maintain a commitment to providing the best experience possible for Red Hat customers
- Experience with OpenShift, Docker, Kubernetes, and other container tools
- Software engineering experience with programming languages, like Java, Python, Ruby, C++, and experience writing patches and pull requests
- Ability and desire to quickly learn new languages and technologies
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or technology-related discipline, or equivalent experience within the enterprise IT
The following experience will be considered a plus:
- Java development experience
- Experience with Apache Maven, including working behind proxies, repository settings, and dependency management
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Experience developing in a Linux or UNIX-like environment
- Experience supporting Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications
- Virtualization with VMware, EC2, Google Cloud Platform, Docker, Microsoft Azure, or Red Hat OpenStack
- Experience with application servers like Apache Tomcat, JBoss AS, or WildFly
- Networking experience, including software-defined networking
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) environments, like Red Hat OpenStack, Microsoft Azure, and Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Upstream involvement in open source projects, including submitting patches for upstream inclusion
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.