Descrição da Vaga
Missão do Cargo:
This demanding position is responsible for the technical support for Solvay Structural Material and Process Materials for existing and emerging customers in Latin America (LATAM) in the Industrial Market sector. Specifically, material selection, material qualification, screening and evaluation of Solvay and supplier products. They must set and meet technical objectives, time scales and commercial goals. They will provide crucial field support to customers with process and application issues and be expected to solve technical problems and identify potential solutions. They will often be the primary contact of Solvay at the customer.
- Effective program management and reporting
- The successful applicant will be expected to be able to lead programs of work, whether customer or internally driven, from conception to completion. This will typically include:
- Identification of an objective or problem;
- Compilation of a concise statement of work;
- Test plan or design of experiment (DOE);
- Liaison/negotiation with the customer if applicable;
- Identification of resources required;
- Ability to form and lead a multi-functional team;
- Detailed scheduling and documentation;
- Execution of the work;
- Analysis of results/data and final reporting. It will also be common for interim reports and/or presentations to be given to internal peers/management and/or customers as required.
- Support the use of Solvay products at customers by:
- Identifying new business opportunities.
- Supporting account managers and market sector managers with technical expertise.
- Providing advice on material choices for customer applications.
- Managing material characterization programmes.
- Guide R&I activities in the development of new products.
- Setting-up and managing materials qualifications programmes.
- Managing customer specifications so that they can be accepted into the Solvay quality system.
- Being Solvay's representative on customer needs & development programmes, advising on materials and processing options.
- Managing customer's quality issue investigations within Solvay.
- Visiting customers for technical meetings.
- Recognized expert in Solvay thermoplastic composite materials, but good understanding of other product lines, such as thermoset composites, process materials, tooling and repair of composite structures.
- Communicating with customers at all levels of seniority.
- The timely completion of customer driven technical enquiries/complaints.
- Providing regular updates on program progress and obstacles.
- You will also be required to support the work of colleagues by:
- Vetting product datasheets for accuracy.
- Working and setting the highest safety standard (internally and at customer).
- Identifying areas for cost reduction (internally and at the customer).
- Supporting internal R&I programmes.
- Visible leadership of multi-discipline project team.
- Close contact with the global technical support team.
- Contact with customers, from Technician level to Senior Management.
- Contact with suppliers, from Technician level to Senior Management.
- Internal contacts include R&I, Quality, Production, Planning, Sales and Management (all levels). Qualificações: Bachelor’s degree or higher in Materials, Physics or Engineering with equivalent relevant experience or Other qualification (ONC / HNC) plus relevant experience aligned with the position Fluent in Spanish or Portuguese Fluent in English Experience: Experience in an aerospace, Industrial or R &D role Experience of programme / project management Experience of quality standards and specification management Knowledge: Processing composite materials Composite materials characterization Structural design with composite materials Basic chemistry (thermoplastic and thermoset) Solvay product knowledge Experimental design and analysis Skills: Excellent people and program management skills Numeracy Technical report writing Verbal, presentation and written skills In depth awareness of industry and of strategic / commercial values Data gathering and analysis Practical skills in composites processing Problem solving Sound engineering background Other: Prepared to travel (expected ~25-50 %)