Descrição da Vaga
An exciting opportunity to join one of the world’s largest enterprise software
companies and have a direct influence in nurturing the next generation of tech
The Oracle Startup Cloud Accelerator is headed up by a SVP of Product
Development at Oracle, who is also a serial entrepreneur. You will report
into the Senior Director for Global Open Innovation based in London.
The program will identify promising startup companies to benefit from Oracle’s
assistance, mentoring, software, resources and office space. Following an
intensive selection process based around 5 companies will be identified each
In order to best support the startups and have the required credibility the
candidate must have relevant technical experience. For that Oracle is looking
for an expert in cloud technologies, with a background in software development
and/or DevOps. The best candidates will have knowledge of the various cloud
offerings, architectures and solutions.
You will be supervising the technical aspects and functioning of the
Accelerator center locally in partnership with the Programme Lead.
Technical skills and knowledge required:
* Must have software development and/or DevOps background and understanding - as you will work tightly with the startups the capability to support their development team is critical.
* Must have knowledge and experience in scaling up cloud infrastructure and cloud migration.
* Knowledge of database scaling/migration theory and implementation
* Must be up to date knowledge of cloud trends and technologies - server less computing, edge computing.
* Knowledge of agile methodologies, SCM, CI/CD and SOLID principles.
You are :
- Get things done attitude you always deliver your tasks as required and on time.
- Smart and autodidact you can learn on the job and continue to updating your knowledge on an ongoing basis.
- A dynamic problem solver that thrives on solving issues big or small.
- A relationship builder that can harmoniously bring two worlds together being that from a startup and that of a corporate
- You will be organized and deadline driven realizing that you will be juggling multiple priorities and tasks with different stakeholders internally and externally.
Objectives and Responsibilities
As the technical mentor in residence your primary objectives and
responsibilities will be:
- Manage and operate the cloud account creation for the startups
- Tracking KPIs and success metrics for cloud adoption.
- Supporting teams with their infrastructure setup , migration and ongoing development on the Oracle cloud.
- Contributing to curriculum development and providing technical sessions to startups.
- Designing and developing the technical focused parts of the curriculum to add value to the startup cohort.
- Leading design thinking and brainstorm workshops with startups on their technology implementation and technology being used.
- Assist with technical on-boarding of external mentors for OSCA
- Responsible as a main point of contact to internal product and technical stakeholders for Oracle to the startup community.
- Developing interest and nurturing relationships with internal and technical mentors.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the
design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as
they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental
activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within
As a member of the product development division, you will analyze and
integrate external customer specifications. Suggest and justify product
directions and specifications. Specify, design and implement moderate changes
to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools.
Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and
regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting
engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced
technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor
individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to
others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area.
7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Organization: Regular Employee Hire
Travel: Product Development