Descrição da Vaga
The Technical Application Specialist is responsible for providing a broad range of technical, software, and applications remote support to Thermo Fisher Scientific customers and field personnel.
Key Objectives of the role:
- Provide technical support for Thermo Fisher Scientific product lines and services by answering customer technical inquiries. Inquiries may be received via telephone, email or web chat
- Provide customer support on technical issues by utilizing all available resources, and escalate issues or problems when warranted.
- Documents customer reported product problems and questions by entering relevant information into a computer based call-tracking system
- Develops and maintains knowledge of department processes and systems
_ Secondary Responsibilities:_
* Interacts with members of other departments to report design, reliability, documentation, and maintenance issues
* May provide on-site support to customers by conducting demos, troubleshooting issues or presenting overview sessions
* Develops technical documentation for use by internal and external customers
* May assume point person responsibilities for current or new platforms and applications
* Participate in frequent training on products and continuing education on new applications and technologies to remain at the cutting edge of scientific knowledge
* Summarize trends and technology as technical tips, FAQ’s and troubleshooting guides.
* Present technical updates to colleagues and contribute to department meetings.
* May present technical and product information at trade shows and in customer field visits.
Bachelor's degree (B.S./B.A.) in Life Science areas such as biochemistry, biology, microbiology. Must have a MSc in cell biology, molecular biology or similar field.
- 3+ years of laboratory experience in molecular biology techniques required.
- Experience in Gene expression profiling by real-time PCR is mandatory.
- Experience in Protein Analysis, DNA sequencing (Sanger/NGS), genotyping by capillary electrophoresis, and Cell biology workflows are differential.
- Proven ability to quickly learn large amounts of new, complex technical information.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, to customers and colleagues.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Problem-solving ability.
- Computer literacy, including spreadsheet, database, word processing and Internet applications.
- Strong teamwork ability
- Languages Portuguese and English required; Spanish is differential;
- This position requires repetitive typing, considerable interaction on the telephone and regular viewing of a computer monitor.
- The use of voice is required for a significant portion of the day.
- The physical demands are typical of those associated with an office environment.
- Occasional work in a laboratory environment may be required. Must be capable of observing and adhering to lab safety standards and protocols.
- Occasional travel may be required
- Extended work hours or on-call time may be required based on business need.