Descrição da Vaga
We are in search of presales engineers who can speak, demo and walk the walk of Analytics and Big Data. We’re looking for experienced technical professionals with a passion for predictive analytics, big data problems, end-to-end decision process re-engineering solutions and packaged analytical applications.
We’ll need you to be excited about the promise of analytics, yet flexible, and willing to grab onto new challenges as we adapt to be part of a larger organization. You will prepare presentations, demos and prototypes directly to clients, work with your sales team to analyze opportunities and competitors and coach your sales team to offer the best thought-out solutions.
As a Technical Sales Professional (TSP)/ Senior Sales Engineer, you will be help drive the adoption and penetration of the R analytics language as well as supporting exciting new areas in the Azure Cloud such as Azure Machine Learning and our Cortana Intelligence Suite.
As a TSP, you will help drive sales opportunities to closure from initial presentations and demos to proofs of concept and occasional pilot projects. Our TSPs are a key part of the sale engine, providing pre-sale and post-sale support across a variety of industries, with certain focus in healthcare, finance, manufacturing, energy, retail, media etc. We sell directly and in conjunction with Business Partners.
We need talented technical sales professionals who also possess business acumen and can communicate their ideas. We need for you to be technical, but also creative as you apply analytic approaches to business problems and communicate your ideas and approaches to a broad array of audiences.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
The ideal candidate will be passionate about the large opportunity that Microsoft’s analytics presents and about big data analytics in general. He or she should be a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly and who understands how to drive a focus and excellence within a strong, talented team. The group this role would be part of behaves much like a startup within Microsoft and requires innovative thinking balanced with a strong customer and quality focus. This leader will have a strong track record of achieving that balance.
This person will need to have a demonstrated ability to detect and understand the customer's technology and business needs; articulate the value of our solutions and offerings; and identify appropriate applications, tools, and solutions and lead Proof of Concept activities.
Major Responsibilities Include:
* Provide the technical expertise required in a complex enterprise analytics sales cycle.
* Developing and/or present technology presentations.
* Build and deliver product demonstrations, develop deep expertise in product capabilities, and support customer proofs of concept.
* Develop understanding of the customer experience and use that application awareness to help drive product definition and future improvements.
* Adapt to competitive threats by analyzing competitor capabilities and adapting Microsoft’s value propositions and advantages to maximize perceived differentiation.
* White-board analytical approaches to customer problems using Microsoft’s solutions.
* Developing account strategy and account plan with Business Partners, Account Executives and other sales team members.
* Consult with Microsoft Business Partners and clients to capture technical situation analyses, gaps and future needs.
* Assisting in the response to RFI/RFP's utilizing the RFP Repository and crafting thorough and compelling answers.
* Participate/Lead training courses, support and consulting engagements as needed.
* Evangelize Microsoft’s products and their usage within Microsoft’s, to Microsoft teams and to various user groups
* Have a strong track record of shaping analytic strategies for clients.
* Highly proficient R programming skills including some experience with database interfaces.
* Strong experience with other commercial data analysis packages such as Python, H20, SAS, SPSS, or Matlab.
* Have led or participated in the design of analytical approaches for technical audiences.
* Have excellent project management, facilitation, communication, and instructional design expertise to lead and participate in analytics discussions.
* Excellent verbal, written and live demonstration communication skills.
* Have an entrepreneurial spirit, exhibits excellent judgment, strong result orientation and thinks big.
* Strong organizational skills with follow-through.
* Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo).
* Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business.
* Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others.
Good to have skills:
* Strong understanding of big data Analytics space
* Additional experience with one or more of the following: Hadoop, Azure, SQL Server, Teradata, Relational database management systems, Talend, Ab Initio, PMML, BI tools, web services, cloud computing, other programming languages (e.g. C, Java, Python).
* Programming ability with experience in the Python language.
* Industry background in 2 or more areas such as Financial Services, Insurance, Healthcare, Life Sciences, Digital Media, Retail, Manufacturing, Transportation or Energy.
* Experience in building and managing alliances/partnerships for global expansion.
* Travel Required: 50%.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.