Descrição da Vaga
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on new modalities, self-driving cars and even urban air transportation, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
Your job will be to enhance our effectiveness by providing day-to-day support, representing the team to others and generally being amazing. The role is based in São Paulo. Reporting to the Tax Technology & Operations Leader of Latin America, you will be responsible for supporting the team in multiple tasks and projects.
What You'll Do
* Monitor global processes, to ensure compliance, and identify improvement opportunities based on continuous feedback
* Assist with various project management activities related to tax, reporting or product requirements
* Run projects by analyzing issues and designing appropriate deliverables for use within the tax and reporting function to ensure controlled and documented tax environment
* Responsibility over deliverables schedule and active monitoring of dashboards, reporting and follow up as required with team members and external parties
* Maintenance of team documentation and repositories, ensuring all key documentation is stored securely and that confidentiality is maintained
* Handle confidential and non-routine information and facilitate communication between appropriate departments;
* Management of regional budget, including review and initial approval of spend requests in line with budget, liaison with suppliers and review of contracts, preparation of monthly accruals, analysis of actual spend and preparation of budget to actual report, forecasting
* Organize local team meeting and updates as required to stakeholders outside of Tax and Reporting
* Support to HQ team in local co-ordination of global initiatives, including auditor requests and visits, local and global summits and team meetings
What You'll Need
- BS Degree in Business, Strategic Management or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in Finance, but we will consider other candidates if they meet the remaining requirements
- Project management skills
- Excellent internal controls and financial risk management skills
- Basic knowledge in indirect and direct taxes legislation
- Basic knowledge in Accounting
- Communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, be a team player, be creative, learn and teach new and different things everyday
- Ability to work with cloud software (i.e Gdocs), Flowcharts, Excel, Smartsheet
- Advanced level of English. Spanish would be an advantage
- Experience with large scale ERP
- Please submit your Resume in English
Bonus Points If
- Experience with large scale ERP
- Big Four Experience
About the Team
Uber is seeking a sharp, communicative, highly-organized individual to support our Tax & Reporting Team. This is an opportunity to work with talented peers on the daily functions that are at the core of Uber.