Descrição da Vaga
Title: ** **Cloud Data Center Technician ****
The Data Center Technician’s role is to install, cable, configure, maintain,
tune, and optimize servers and other infrastructure components to achieve high
availability and performance of the Oracle Cloud environment.
· Rack, cable and configure server hardware and other appliances
· Connect and configure System and Networking devices
· Hands-on repair of equipment; swapping HDDs, power supplies and
DIMMs along with
other server components
· Shipping and receiving of computer equipment
· Inventory management controls (Scanning, reconciliation, EMDS)
· Monitor and test system power usage and provide reports on power
· Maintain inventory of spare parts, servers and other miscellaneous
· Documentation of servers and appliances within the cabinets
· Troubleshoot offline/downed server issues
· Manage inbound/outbound shipping tickets
· Reallocate and decommission servers
· Installation of System I/O cards
· Configure ILOM server configs for remote access
· Maintain service tickets (Jira) within your designated queue
· Attend weekly project and team meetings
· Assist various teams in troubleshooting hardware and software
problems to resolution
· Comply with the cloud security media policy guidelines
· Coordinate with network engineering, business application, and
administration functions to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability
· Follow corporate and datacenter policies, and procedures.
Position Requirements: ****
· 5-10 years’ experience in network cabling meeting with data center
· Telcom cabling experience a plus
· College diploma or university degree in the field of business
information systems a
plus or equivalent work experience.
· Familiarity with TCP/IP protocols
· Good technical knowledge of current network hardware and standards,
· Hands-on hardware and software troubleshooting experience.
· Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
· Good written and oral communication skills.
· Good interpersonal skills.
· Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly
· Highly self-motivated and directed.
· Keen attention to detail.
· Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-
· Strong customer service orientation.
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· Travel between multiple Oracle collocations required (local)
Work Conditions: ****
· Emergency on-call availability
· Work scheduled maintenance windows and other unexpected events
· Dexterity of hands and fingers and the ability to work on a ladder
· The ability to lift and or transport very heavy objects (70-1000
lbs.) with mechanical
hand tool assistance
· Occasional travel to other datacenters to perform work when needed
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Define, design, and implement network communications and solutions within a
fast-paced, leading edge database/applications company.
Perform performance trend analysis and manage the server/network capacity.
Propose client configuration and implement technical solutions to enhance
and/or troubleshoot the system. Work with others to define, coordinate vendor
purchase needs. Responsible for support documentation as well.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have
project lead role. 5 years of related experience in a medium to large network
distributed and computing environment. BS in Computer Science or related
Organization: Regular Employee Hire
Travel: Information Technology