Descrição da Vaga
Right now, we’re looking for Sysadmin Engineer Semi Senior to join our teams to define resource monitoring methods, participate in designing changes or new service implementations and mentoring juniors with their tasks and to solve problems or incidents and
If you join us, you’ll get to:
- Provide day-to-day technical expertise and operational support to obtain highest degrees of production stability for the Front Office / Middle Office applications.
- Support applications for end to end trade lifecycle including algorithmic trading, trade execution and booking, market data, derivatives risk management, etc.
- Establish working relationships with other members of the Production Management team in other regions and across the organization as appropriate.
- Work with Application Development (AD) teams to implement fixes and improve stability.
- Help in defining capacity and resiliency requirement metrics and failover/BCP capabilities in partnership with business and AD to improve reliability, stability and capacity management.
- Help monitor and improve monitoring of the trading application suite and proactively fix potential issues.
- Develop strong partnerships and communication channels with the businesses, AD, Plan and other team members.
- Translate production issues into technical defects and work on defect management.
- Manage production technology incidents to resolution, ensuring timely engagement, escalation and effective communication to business, technology and vendor partners.
- Engage with project teams through the project life, more towards go-live to ensure successful delivery.
- 3+ years experience in production support or application development
- A genuine desire to learn about the Equity Derivatives business and products across a number of asset classes
- Good understanding of programming fundamentals, previous programming or scripting experience (a plus)
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of SQL and stored procedures (experience with Sybase Database preferred)
- Working knowledge of UNIX (experience with Linux preferred)
- Working knowledge of network communication protocols
- Strong software and business systems design, analysis, development and support skills (preferred)
- Working knowledge of system monitoring and best practices
- Excellent interpersonal relationship / teamwork skills
- Experience in the ITIL framework of incident and production management
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English, providing clear problem descriptions
- Proven complex problem solving/management skills and a strong eye for detail
- Proactive individual showing eagerness to learn and a strong sense of ownership
- Ability to handle multiple competing tasks in an ordered manner, prioritizing to ensure business deliverables are met even under stressful situations
- Exhibit leadership behavior which supports the business and technology goals through creative thinking and strong problem management.