Descrição da Vaga
The Manager of Supply Chain is responsible for managing Material Supply, Critical Parts Management and Inventory Control. This position reports to the Director of Manufacturing Logistics and is responsible for the inbound process, inventory management and to secure parts availability for the production of the three different Business Units: Trucks, Powertrain (including Volvo Penta) and Bus.
Main Activities and Responsibilities
- Drive Material Control process to secure parts availability at production for Trucks, Buses and Powertrain
- Define inbound strategy according to lean principles, VPS (Volvo Production System) and VOC (Volvo Operations Concept).
- Select and develop replenishment methods and material control parameters for the different flows from suppliers to Volvo plant.
- Represent the site of Curitiba on the different Global Supply Material networks for Trucks, Powertrain and Bus.
- Interface with Suppliers to secure deliveries and develop supply material process
- Build and develop effective teams
- Develop roadmap to reach Strategic objectives
- Drive and coordinate activities to secure inventory accuracy
Critical Competencies for the Position
- University degree and/or MBA
- Good understanding of supply chain process
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Relevant work experience in Logistics/Manufacturing/Purchasing
- Experience in leadership position
- Knowledge of MRP system logic and flows set up
- Good understanding of the VPS (lean) concept and applications
- Good communication and leadership
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong People developer skills
- Fluent English
- Oriented for results
- Drive engagement