Descrição da Vaga
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
We are looking for someone to work on our Government Affairs & Public Policy team for Rio de Janeiro, based in our office in Rio. You will report directly to the Head of Public Policy in Brazil and impact our operation in the region.
What You'll Do
- Supporting Uber's Government Affairs & Policy team for Rio de Janeiro
- Establishing Uber's brand and profile with policy makers—including governments, third parties and academics
- Working to ensure that the regulatory framework in every country supports ridesharing apps like Uber
What You'll Need
- A minimum of 5 years in government affairs is expected, but we will consider candidates with less experience if they meet our other requirements
- Fluency in English and Portuguese, both oral and written
- To be a self starter: Stuff changes fast in our world so you'll need to be highly adaptable as well as calm under pressure
- To be a great advocate: You'll need the intellectual fire power to grasp complex policy issues as well as the ability to articulate clearly and simply how apps like Uber can help improve transportation for everyone—both orally and in writing
- To be a strong campaigner: Smartphone apps are disruptive, and the interests being disrupted are deeply entrenched. So you'll need to put together proactive campaigns involving passengers, drivers and third parties that demonstrate there's a better alternative to today's outdated status quo. That means having a bias for action in everything you do—and a willingness to engage in debates, that can often become heated
- To be a team player: We're looking for well organized people who enjoy working with others to get stuff done—and who can deal with the ambiguity that sometimes comes from working cross-functionally
About the Team
Our Public Policy Team is responsible for working with policy makers and third parties to make the positive case for change. That's partly about building lasting relationships in the cities where we operate with politicians and their staff so they understand the benefits of this new model. It also about figuring out the best local regulatory framework and then developing campaigns to push reform through.