Descrição da Vaga
Are you passionate about cloud computing? Do you have a unique combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills? Are you passionate about building the world's best technology teams? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a Senior Manager for our Specialist Solution Architects, who will manage a team focusing on building solutions for customers around our platform services and industry solutions.
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
In this role, you will need to be technically capable and credible in your own right as well as effective in shaping the customer-facing and technical skills of your team. You will help team members ramp up on AWS and develop speaking, writing, presentation, and executive interaction skills. You will need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other departments within AWS such as our services teams, marketing and business development, as well as representing your team to executive management.
* Manage a Latin America-wide team of Specialist Solution Architects who work with AWS customers to convey cloud computing best practices, and build reference architectures in the compute, storage, enterprise applications, developer technologies areas and industry solutions.
* Develop strategy with Specialist Solution Architects to enable the wider AWS business to succeed
* Work with professional services, service teams, and AWS Support to drive customer success
* Plan, review, and author technical content (such as white papers and reference architectures) that can be used by our customers to assist them in deploying secure cloud-based solutions
* Facilitate knowledge assessment across AWS sales and solutions architecture teams and develop plans to address gaps
* Work with industry groups to influence trends in cloud computing
* Represent AWS at conferences, events and Meetups
* 15 or more years of experience in the design and implementation of complex IT systems
* 10 or more years of experience in a solution architecture or consulting role
* Three or more years managing a distributed, customer-facing, technical team
* Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and an executive presence - comfortable talking with CIOs, CTOs and CISOs about complex security issues
* Experience managing teams of developer, operations engineers, architects and/or developers
* Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams
* Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results
* A strong understanding of the cloud computing business model
* Proficiency in English, Portuguese and Spanish
* An advanced degree in computer science, mathematics, data science, MIS, engineering or related discipline
* Experience in a customer-facing, sales-aligned role such as consultant, solutions architecture manager, or consulting practice manager
* Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of business environments such as large enterprises and start-ups.
* Track record of working with customers or platforms in highly regulated industries and/or
* Experience of working with local and national regulatory frameworks
* AWS Certification, eg. AWS Solutions Architect Associate/Professional