Descrição da Vaga
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
_ _We're looking for a Sr. Customer Support Manager, Site Operations, or** Senior Community Operations Manager** as it's known at Uber, to develop and lead support efforts for our São Paulo Center of Excellence (COE). Uber COEs are contact management centers dedicated to providing world-class customer support to riders and driver partners. Uber relies on the COEs to provide support for our community's toughest issues types, handle escalations from our tens of thousands of business processing outsourcing (BPO) agents, and provide an environment to pilot support for new products or test new support modalities or processes. You will be one of a few Senior Community Operations Managers reporting directly the São Paulo COE site leader.
This will be a managerial role with a focus on people management and coordination. The applicant should have extremely strong multi-tasking abilities while being able to understand the long-term vision and goals of the Center of Excellence. Those interested should be excited to demonstrate those skills and be eager to lead.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for ancillary site operations and logistics including work within the Learning and Training Development, Workforce Management, Analytics and Reporting, and Special Project teams at the Center of Excellence
- Lead, motivate, and develop current Subject Matter Experts (team managers) within these three functions to meet time-sensitive deadlines and deliver on operational KPIs
- Set up career development plans, coach managers, and develop them into outstanding people managers with strategic vision
- Create long-term strategy for achieving production KPIs (SLAs, etc.) across the COE and delivering exceptional customer support by leveraging the work of your direct reports
- Coordinate the various teams and their functions across the COE to maximize productivity, time, space, and deliverables; collaborate cross functionally with other global Centers of Excellence to share best practices while consolidating efforts where applicable
- Communicate learnings to the rest of COE Senior Leadership , and appropriately escalate concerns directly to Site Lead in a timely fashion
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes to keep teams as efficient as possible
- You'll be supporting many teams across the COE and serving as THE go to person for many key initiatives and updates; Key point of contact for stakeholders beyond the COE
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree
- A Minimum of 5 years of experience is expected, but we will consider candidates with less experience if they meet our other requirements
- Proven ability to manage effectively, set team goals, develop people to their highest levels of performance, and guide through challenging situations
- Prior professional experience with optimization, processes, systematic organization, program/project management
- Demonstrated Data/Analytics experience; Excel proficiency is preferred
- Strong attention to detail & project management skills
- Outstanding communication skills. Including public speaking and ability to present effectively in front of peers and senior leadership
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Juggling those can be challenging, and this should be a strength
- Thrive on change and operate flexibly. Willingness to work some weekends and occasional holidays to support a 24/7 operations environment
- A high bar across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on
Bonus Points If
- Experience in service-industry, customer support, manufacturing or distribution in a high-volume and extremely fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Kaizen methodologies is highly advantageous.
- SQL proficiency
- Experience managing large teams and leading managers