Descrição da Vaga
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
We're looking for a Sr. Customer Support Manager, or Senior Community Operations Manager as it's known at Uber, to develop and lead support efforts for our Chicago Center of Excellence (COE). Uber COEs are contact management centers dedicated to providing world-class customer support to riders and drivers. Uber relies on the COEs to provide support for our community's toughest issues types, handle escalations from our tens of thousands of business processing outsourcing (BPO) agents, and provide an environment to pilot support for new products or test new support modalities or processes. You will be one of a few Senior Community Operations Managers reporting to the Chicago COE site leader.
This will be a managerial role with a heavy focus on people management, delivering against KPI goals, and continuing process improvement with use of data analytics, so those interested should be excited to demonstrate those skills and be eager to lead.
What you'll do
- Lead, motivate, and develop Community Operations Managers within a time-sensitive and demanding environment to deliver on operational KPIs
- Set up career development plans, guide Community Operations Managers, and develop them into awesome people managers
- Set overall direction of operations functions at the COE, including full accountability for setting and achieving operational goals and strategic planning
- Integrate the efforts of teams across multiple shifts to deliver world-class customer support and attain service level requirements
- Measure and evaluate COE processes and drive continuous process improvement with eye towards customer satisfaction
- Identify root causes and implement changes to improve accuracy, productivity, and quality of your team's performance
- Design, develop, and lead project teams to improve operations functions
- Be savvy in subject matter for the lines of business which you manage, and act as a key point of contact to internal stakeholders beyond the COE
What you'll need
- A Bachelor's degree
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a high-volume and highly productive service-industry or customer support environment
- At least 5 years of experience managing large teams and at least 3 years of managing managers
- A demonstrated ability to manage effectively, set team goals, develop people to their highest levels of performance, and guide through challenging situations
- Prior professional experience with optimization, processes, systematic organization, program/project management
- Performance management of large teams, creating and implementing policy, mentoring and coaching, as well as stakeholder manager and communications about high visibility and time sensitive issues
- Demonstrated Data/Analytics experience; Excel proficiency
- Excellent attention to detail & project management skills
- Outstanding communication skills. Including public speaking and ability to present effectively in front of peers and senior leadership
- To thrive on change and operate flexibly
- To have a deep bias towards action
- Optimistic leadership: You have an enthusiastic attitude and are passionate about making magic for our Community. You view every support interaction as a chance to impact our riders and driver partners in a positive way
- Experience in service-industry, customer support, manufacturing or distribution in a high-volume and highly productive environment
- Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Kaizen methodologies is highly advantageous.
- SQL proficiency
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.