Descrição da Vaga
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on new modalities, self-driving cars and even urban air transportation, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
Uber is changing the world, and the Uber Legal Team is proud to be part of that. We're looking to hire an exceptional attorney with expertise in payments and financial services to join the Uber Legal Team. You will report to Uber's Chief Payments Counsel and will be based at Uber's office in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with the Payments Legal Team on payments and financial services legal matters for Uber and its entities in LATAM
- Provide payments and financial services regulatory advice in LATAM
- Structure, draft and negotiate payments and financial services-related contracts in LATAM
- Partner closely with Uber's finance, operations, product and business functions on new transactions and product structures, advising on potential legal issues and playing a leadership role in devising legally-compliant solutions that meet Uber's business objectives
- Stay abreast of financial regulations in LATAM that could impact Uber's business model and growth
What You'll Need
- A minimum of 10 years of experience with preference for mix of in- house and law firm background but we will consider other candidates if they meet other requirements
- Knowledge of the laws and regulations in LATAM that regulate payments and other types of financial transactions
- Meaningful prior experience advising on payments and financial services legal issues across LATAM
- Skill at drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements related to payments and financial services
- Knowledge of major payment network rules and processes and experience dealing with major payment networks
- Experience supporting payments compliance programs
- A lawyer with a regulatory background who also possesses strong contract drafting skills
- Strong academic credentials and law degree
- Qualified to practice law and provide legal advice in a LATAM jurisdiction
- Possess excellent business judgment, communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional proficiency in Portuguese and English