Descrição da Vaga
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
Uber is changing the world, and the Uber Legal Team is proud to be part of that. We're looking to hire an exceptional attorney with expertise in payments and financial services to join the Uber Legal Team. You will report to Uber's Chief Payments Counsel and will be based at Uber's office in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with the Payments Legal Team on payments and financial services legal matters for Uber and its entities in LATAM
- Provide payments and financial services regulatory advice in LATAM
- Structure, draft and negotiate payments and financial services-related contracts in LATAM
- Partner closely with Uber's finance, operations, product and business functions on new transactions and product structures, advising on potential legal issues and playing a leadership role in devising legally-compliant solutions that meet Uber's business objectives
- Stay abreast of financial regulations in LATAM that could impact Uber's business model and growth
What You'll Need
- A minimum of 10 years of experience with preference for mix of in- house and law firm background but we will consider other candidates if they meet other requirements
- Knowledge of the laws and regulations in LATAM that regulate payments and other types of financial transactions
- Meaningful prior experience advising on payments and financial services legal issues across LATAM
- Skill at drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements related to payments and financial services
- Knowledge of major payment network rules and processes and experience dealing with major payment networks
- Experience supporting payments compliance programs
- A lawyer with a regulatory background who also possesses strong contract drafting skills
- Strong academic credentials and law degree
- Qualified to practice law and provide legal advice in a LATAM jurisdiction
- Possess excellent business judgment, communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional proficiency in Portuguese and English