Descrição da Vaga
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
The Sao Paulo office is looking for software engineers to join our brand new Tech Development Center team. The work you do will initially focus on advanced technologies to improve safety around the world, such as advanced telematics, machine learning, high scale distributed systems, real time data processing and mobile development, among others.
What You'll Do
- Design architectures that spans across Uber's stack and multiple parts of the Safety organization
- Partner with fellow engineers to innovate, architect, develop and scale Safety's product and platform solutions that impact millions of Uber riders and drivers
- Work with Product Managers and Designers to nail core Safety user experiences
- Integrate highly reliable safety-aware decisioning engine with Uber's core dispatch system
- Develop algorithms and statistical models that power Uber's sensor inferences at scale by extracting signals and identifying patterns from vast amounts of sensor data
- Drive ongoing efficiency and reliability improvements through design and automation: availability, performance, scaling, monitoring and capacity.
- Manage upstream and downstream dependencies, collaborate with other engineering teams, gather requirements, evolve solutions and enable successful adoption
- Support your fellow teammates, as well as help review the team's technical design, code and documentation
- Help take Uber to the next level as a world class engineering team
What You'll Need
- At least 1 year of experience as a software engineer
- Passion for learning new skills and working on high-impact products
- Excellent record for shipping high-quality product features on schedule.
- Experience in working on large-scale distributed systems. We use Hadoop/HDFS, Spark, Kafka, Samza, Cassandra, and more.
- Data-driven architecture and systems design.
- Willingness to learn new programming languages and technologies. We use Go, Java, Scala, and Python. Experience with these languages is preferred not required.
About the Team
The Safety Engineering team uses real-time telematics and motion sensing technologies along with multi-faceted machine learning algorithms and user-facing mobile products to reduce and prevent unsafe driving and behavior on the Uber platform. The team is building low-latency data streaming infrastructure that ingests terabytes of data daily before applying statistical modelling and signal processing algorithm, NLP auditing as well as facial biometrics recognition solutions. Our work touches all parts of the Uber experience from dispatch to on-trip and post-trip, as well as Uber's entire ecosystem ranging from our rides business to other newer Uber marketplaces, and ventures.