Descrição da Vaga
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Leads multiple project teams of other software applications engineers and internal and outsourced development partners responsible for all stages of design and development for complex products and platforms, including solution design, analysis, coding, testing, and integration.
- Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced development partners on software applications design and development.
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with applications design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall software applications leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the software applications design organization.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 6-10 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- AWS Services preferred (CloudFormation, Lambda, RDS, SQS, SNS, EC2, ECS, ELB, S3/EBS, etc.) or similar Public Cloud platform, and scripting languages (Ruby or Python) is a must.
- Practiced and perfected understanding of microservices architecture
- Experience with making CI/CD a reality; Jenkins preferred.
- Maximize the benefits of logging, monitoring, error tracking, and alerting; ELK, Grafana, Prometheus and AlertManager preferred.
- Experience developing and deploying applications in Docker containers and scaling them in production; K8s preferred.
- Leverage a successful balance between security, access control, and auditing capabilities in the public cloud; AWS IAM, AWS Config, and Vault preferred.
- Understanding and knowledge of Linux, Automation Tools; Chef preferred.
- Good experience on Networking Technologies like Load balancer, Firewall and DNS
- Good experience on AWS VPC setup, Security Groups, IAM roles and policies