Descrição da Vaga
Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
Primary responsibilities of this individual contributor role will be to manage, maintain, and engineer mission critical Linux-based systems for our highly-available, public-facing SaaS solution, as well as our internal DevOps environments. The candidate will work with multi-disciplinary teams (developers, architects, operations and QA) to fully automate and build out new application environments in the cloud, spearheading automation and high performing system projects.
Education and Experience Required:
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
* 2+ years experience in working with the DevOps discipline and deployment to the AWS public cloud
Knowledge and Skills:
* AWS Services preferred (CloudFormation, Lambda, RDS, SQS, SNS, EC2, ECS, ELB, S3/EBS, etc.) or similar Public Cloud platform, and scripting languages (Ruby or Python) is a must.
* Practiced and perfected understanding of microservices architecture
* Experience with making CI/CD a reality; Jenkins preferred.
* Maximize the benefits of logging, monitoring, error tracking, and alerting; ELK, Grafana, Prometheus and AlertManager preferred.
* Experience developing and deploying applications in Docker containers and scaling them in production; K8s preferred.
* Leverage a successful balance between security, access control, and auditing capabilities in the public cloud; AWS IAM, AWS Config, and Vault preferred.
* Understanding and knowledge of Linux, Automation Tools; Chef preferred.
* Good experience on Networking Technologies like Load balancer, Firewall and DNS
* Good experience on AWS VPC setup, Security Groups, IAM roles and policies