Descrição da Vaga
Amazon.com's long-term vision is to enable a seamless experience for all Amazon customers worldwide on any Amazon website and device, in any language and for any culture. This extends to make products from any market available in any market.
Our team is responsible to automates the expansion of a vendor’s selection from any to any marketplace. Our goal is to provide a set of services that automatically handle the steps required to expand a vendor that is one marketplace to another marketplace, handle all the complexities since account creation to product/trade compliance.
You're looking for a career where you'll be able to build, to deliver, and to impress. You build solutions that reach millions of new customers all over the world. You look at problems holistically, and thrive on the intricate complexity of designing feedback loops and ecosystems. You want to work on projects where you are implementing solutions to real problems that require creative solutions and deep understanding of the problem space. You challenge yourself and others to constantly come up with better solutions. You work closely with the business to define the expansion strategy and figure out innovative solutions to help this thriving business continue its exponential growth.
About us together:
We're going to eliminate vendor complexity so they can make products available in any market place. Along the way, we're going to face seemingly impossible problems. We're going to argue about how to solve them, and we'll work together to find a solution that is superior to each of the proposals we came in with. We'll make tough decisions, but we'll all understand why. We'll be the dream team.
The ideal engineer for this space will be highly quantitative, have great judgment and passion for building a great customer experience, be inventive, and have a strong track record of delivery. You also have a pragmatic approach and iterative approach to building software: you have an ability to simplify and get things done with a demonstrated track record of building and delivering software and working effectively with external and internal teams.
Some problem spaces we'll be working on:
Eliminate Vendor Complexity- We will remove complexity for vendors, vendor managers and customers and make selling globally the standard by establishing easy and seamless processes. Where complexity cannot be removed, our preference is for Amazon to handle it rather than the Vendor, and the Vendor rather than the customer
List Products Quickly - We will make it the default that a vendor can list products on and expand to all Amazon Marketplaces and will only exclude them when it is not legally possible to include them, and make plans to include them wherever possible
Automated and Scalable- We know that self-service works and we will relentlessly develop, inspect and transform all business processes so that they are automated and scalable.
You may already know if you're a fit, but perhaps you're worried about technology and experience requirements? Don't be - we're looking for smart, proven, engineers; if you're the right candidate, we're flexible.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline.
* 3+ years of software development experience.
* Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java
* Object Oriented Design and familiarity with application and database programming under UNIX/Linux.
* Experience with Agile/Lean (Kanban, SCRUM, RUP, XP), OO modeling, web services, UNIX, middleware, database and data mining systems
* Experience mentoring and training the engineering community on complex technical issues
* Master’s degree in computer science, Math or Physics or related field
* Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
* A high degree of pragmatism in building the simplest thing that does the job; we want to use technology to solve real-world problems expediently, not indulge in over-designed, unnecessarily intricate software architecture.
* A willingness to dive deep, experiment rapidly and get things done.
* A good understanding of SDLC models and a track record of shipping software efficiently. You recognize the difference between building software and shipping software.
* Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
* A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
* Deep hands-on technical expertise, excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation