Descrição da Vaga
Power Grid Solutions
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Site Manager focus on project execution at site (Construction & Commissioning) to ensure the activities are compliant to EHS rules, GE policies, and customer contract; fulfill stakeholders’ expectations of site construction scope. The role includes supervision of construction subcontractors or partners, field engineering, contract administration, cost and schedule (Project Controls), and testing and commissioning.
* Coordinate all project activities including actions of GE, subcontractors, suppliers, clients and their representatives.
* Implement GE’s EHS policies, security, housekeeping, and fire protection on the construction site.
* Ensure the organization is composed of qualified and knowledgeable personnel, and ensures effective personnel utilization. Ensure the performance reviews are conducted on field staff in accordance with established schedule.
* Implement construction schedules, methods, staffing charts, and material and equipment requirements.
* Review project cost and schedule performance through analysis of project reports and data. Coordinate with the Project Controls Manager (PCM)
* Monitor and analyze project safety, cost, schedule, and quality performance and ensure appropriate corrective actions are taken.
* Control project expenditures for labor, equipment, material and services and ensure field operations are within budget.
* Ensure construction operations meet the objectives of the project scope. Ensure corporate policies and procedures are fully implemented and if necessary establish project procedures and objectives to address site or project specific conditions.
* Maintain client relationship. The SM is the primary point of contact for client communications at the construction site.
* Maintain an effective relationship with other functional departments.
* Implement and administer a project security plan and coordinate the activities with the corporate security department.
* Coordinate all project contractual activities. Participate in contracts and subcontracts negotiations.
* Direct implementation of a training program to ensure subordinate personnel receive progressive training to enable them to assume additional responsibilities.
* Direct the overall project safety program and ensure adherence to national, regional and local regulatory safety and health codes.
* Implement an effective community relations plan for the project at site.
* Oversee project commissioning activities as required. Coordinate with the Project Commissioning Manager.
* Ensure required permits and licenses are in place prior to the start of the affected work at the site.
* Ensure teams have the capability to execute assigned scope in a safe, secure, timely and cost effective manner in accordance with the cost, technical, schedule, and quality baselines.
* Coordinate all construction activities to fully support project plans and schedules.
* The SM is accountable to the Project Manager and Regional Construction Leader or Corporate Construction Functional Leader for performance, and to the Project Manager for execution of assigned responsibilities within defined cost, scope, schedule, and regulatory requirements.Performance MeasurementOTD – On time Delivery: project schedule performanceProject Cost & Quality performanceTimeliness of reportingNumbers of EHS events
* Degree qualified in engineering degree (electrical or electromechanical preferable).
Experience and Knowledge
* 5+ years site managing of turnkey/EPC HV electrical substation projects, at least one project full cycle completed
Behavioural skills / competencies:
* Communication (Portuguese is must and advanced English desirable)
* Proactive attitude
* Thorough and precise
* Operational Effectiveness and Accountability
* Collaboration and Teamwork
* Communicating with Transparency
* Strategic Vision
* Convincing and Influencing
* Shaping and Driving Change
* Risk Management
* Ability to Make Decisions / Sense of Urgency
* Motivating and Inspiring
* Continuously Managing and Developing People
* Leading the way in EHS
* Project Accounting & Controlling
* Local GAAP awareness
* Data handling skills (Excel, …)
* Commercial & Contract awareness