Descrição da Vaga
Technology and design at QuintoAndar
QuintoAndar is an app for landlords and renters tired of the bureaucracy of the traditional rental process. To create an experience that is easy and cool for both, QuintoAndar recognizes that it is necessary to solve the rental process from start to finish. We will win by doing this with agility and security, and by guaranteeing payments for landlords and free rental insurance for renters.
Technology and design are core components of our DNA. Our team works very very hard, with cutting edge technology and design practices, to invent web and mobile tools that are first of their kinds.
At QuintoAndar you will:
- Work with a top-notch team that uses the best practices and best tools.
- Learn a lot.
- Be part of a high-impact project that will affect many people's lives.
- Have autonomy to make decisions with no endless meetings or bikeshedding.
- Work in an informal environment and horizontal hierarchy.
Developer responsibilities at QuintoAndar
- Develop independent (micro-)services that address specific solutions (e.g. parts of billing, visit scheduling, price optimization, self-service negotiation);
- Create easy-to-understand, well-documented APIs.
- Create scalable, maintainable and user driven solutions . We use several different technologies: from Java over SQL databases, to Polymer over MongoDB. We also have micro-services written in Python, gorgeous PWA experiences in React, complex data flows in Datomic . You don't need to know all these upfront, but you need to learn fast.
- Help organize software architecture to harmonically orchestrate Spring MVP and Microservice architectures.
Language and location
We are a Portuguese speaking company. This is written in English because 1) we value diversity and thus welcome foreign candidates, and 2) if you are Brazilian you need to be fluent in English in order to learn the most from the rest of the world.
This position is for our São Paulo office , near Av Paulista.
About our selection process:
It usually takes around 20 days (from your applying to the end) and follows this steps:
1. Application Screening
2. Technical Online Challenge
3. Phone interview with Recruiters
4. Interview with Engineering Team
5. Reference check
Important: Our recruitment process starts at the application form! If you really wish be a part of our team, endeavor to do well at this stage of the process. We analyze all the candidates individually. Yes, we do read all applications and we’ll reply even to those who won't follow the process.
You may apply if you:
- Have an academic degree in computer science/engineering (or equivalent).
- Know Python or Java, and relational databases.
- Also like other technologies (Clojure, NodeJS, Datomic etc) and you don't mind learning new ones on the fly.
- Have some experience using RESTful APIs.
- Have very strong analytic skills.
- Are fluent in English and Portuguese.
We might like you even better if you:
- have strong knowledge of computer theory, including optimization of algorithms and distributed systems.
- have already developed scalable client-server mobile applications.
- Have some experience with AWS services;
- Have some knowledge in Docker, modern CDs/CIs (Jenkins, Travis, Circle, Drone, ...);
- Know how to test and tune scalability.
Working here is cool AND you get the following:
* Competitive salary package.
* Meal allowance ("ticket refeição and/or ticket alimentação").
* Fuel or public transportation allowance.
* Good health
* Dental plan (optional)
* Life insurance
* Children Allowance (Daycare)
* Subsidy to sports practicing (gympass)
* Free beer every Friday
* Very fun, collaborative, and fast-paced work environment - full of smart and ambitious people.