Descrição da Vaga
Are you experienced with C++ technology, are eager to dig into the design of a winning product, improve its architecture and performance, implement new features and are looking for an opportunity to work for one of the most impactful tech companies in the world?
We are a team of global class engineers, developing new HP products, solutions and technologies, ranging from the bottom of the technology stack like embedded firmware, to applications and AI solutions for a broad portfolio of products for Personal Systems.
We are currently looking for new talent to expand our internationally recognized team. Being a successful software engineer at HP Personal Systems Software in Brazil R&D can open doors for your career development as a technologist in a worldwide environment.
Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Designs enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of end-user applications software running on local, networked, and Internet- based platforms.
- Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution.
- Writes and executes complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs, and creates solutions for issues with code and integration into application architecture.
- Leads a project team of other software applications engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned applications portion or subsystem.
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding software applications design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
- Represents the software applications engineering team for all phases of larger and more-complex development projects.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 4-6 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Using software applications design tools and languages, advanced skills in C++, desirable knowledge in QT;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong collaboration with peers to achieve common goals
- Designing software applications running on multiple platform types (Linux, Windows and MacOS).
- Software applications testing methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels.