Descrição da Vaga
Work in projects with high technical complexity and risks. Delivering new architectural features for the evolution of the product.
Senior Java Architect
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Conducting technical demands of high criticality, through the accomplishment of technical studies, dissemination of knowledge and complex implementations adhering to the strategy, with the use of their knowledge / experience.
Aiming at a high quality delivery in key points of the system that generate high impact with evolution and innovation to the product / organization, in a sustainable way in the medium and long term.
You are responsible for
- POC development for technology feasibility concept tests,
- Development of high complexity solutions at the system architecture level,
- Participating in research and innovation projects,
- Java development;
- Searching for solutions (for news and/or challenges);
- Receiving and solving challenges;
- Work with high performance culture, with productivity and commitment, following the processes of the organization;
- To contribute to the technology, development and other areas, directly orienting / conducting technically complex and / or critical situations / actions related to their scope of work;
- Support / support strategic decisions (from the technological and sustainability point of view), presenting their critical vision and solutions / arguments based on research and / or experiences that contribute to decision making;
- Design technological solutions of high performance and quality that are adherent to the business objectives, through the execution of projects aligned with the strategic roadmap, aiming at the growth and strengthening of the business / product;
- Possess communication skills, being able to conduct discussions, presenting and contextualizing technical information, in order to obtain the understanding and agreement of the target public;
- Own a self-taught profile and keep up-to-date technologically, through research and participation in technology events;
- Suggest solutions that promote higher quality, safety and / or productivity, from the identification of technologies and / or market concepts that are adherent to the business;
- Disseminate, collaborate and facilitate the implementation of the deliveries under its responsibility, from the accomplishment of documented transitions, with trainings and support to the stakeholders;
- Contribute to the strengthening of high performance culture by collaborating on feedbacks, conducting their critical assessment (about themselves and their environment) and perceiving and acting on their improvement opportunities;
- Be a technical and behavioral reference, demonstrating maturity, always being aligned with your leadership and adopting the Philips behaviors.
You are a part of
Based in Blumenau, will act as a Java Architect for Philips’ activities in the Electronic Medical Record business. Has no direct reports and works closely with other Software Developers, Programmers, and Architects. Reports directly to the Java Development Supervisor.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor in information systems or computer science,
- Minimum of 5 years ‘experience with Java Development/Architecture,
- Experience as Java Architect or equivalent,
- Interest/affinity for conducting research in the area of technology;
- Knowledge and affinity to work with Backend; Differentials;
- Experience with application servers (Tomcat /WildFly/ WebLogic/ WebSphere/ Glassfish/etc);
- Experience working with cloud vendors (IAAS/PAAS);
- Experience in multi-tenant application development;
- Experience in developing multi-language applications;
- Experience in application development with high availability (HA) architecture;
- Experience with web application development;
- Team player and good organizational- and analytical skills;
- The English language is indispensable, as the team works in global projects interacting often with teams from other countries like United States, Holland and India.
In return we offer you
Philips offers a dynamic work environment experience in the continuously growing Health Tech market – with customers and consumers empowering you to initiate change across all levels of the organization.
Such environment brings the ideal conditions for an innovate-oriented person to succeed in this role. In this position, you will have a unique opportunity to lead these cultural/business improvements.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum at http://www.philips.com/b-dam/corporate/corporateblog/2016/Philips Chronic Disease_5.jpg . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/working-at-philips/working-at-philips.html on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog at http://www.usa.philips.com/a-w/our-people/life-at-philips.html . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech.html , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/faq.html .