Descrição da Vaga
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Consulting team is looking for a Principal Middleware Consultant in Sao Paulo, Brazil. In this role, you will be the key Red Hat representative on the client site, overseeing the local delivery and implementation of our solutions and offerings. As a highly respected and valued member of the Consulting team, you’ll need to have a diverse and deep understanding of middleware and open source solutions and demonstrated experience applying those technologies successfully. You’ll be expected to have superb technical and communication skills, facilitating successful delivery of projects like the providing of reference architectures, proofs of concepts, benchmarks, training sessions, designs, automation programs or scripts, performance enhancements, documentation, patches, or other artifacts as needed. As a Principal Middleware Consultant, your ability to master new technologies coupled with Red Hat's unparalleled training programs will keep Red Hat Consulting team on top of evolving technologies and allow the Consulting team to advance our technical leadership.
Primary job responsibilities
- Serve as the main point-of-contact on the client site for the Professional Services team, addressing technical, development, and strategic IT requirements of our customers
- Be responsible for project management, including project status, issues, and time reporting
- Perform tasks like problem identification, system architecture definition, hardware and software specification and design, implementation, testing, customer training, and deployment of open source solutions
- Use your skills as an experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and Red Hat's policies and procedures
- Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Demonstrate considerable judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- 10+ years of experience with and skills in designing and implementing Java and JEE solutions; extensive experience in at least one of the major middleware solutions, preferably Red Hat JBoss EAP or Red Hat JBoss Middleware portfolio
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience communicating value, progress, and metrics of key projects to required stakeholders and diverse technical and business audiences
- Ability to constantly learn new technologies on your own and apply these concepts to customer needs
- Solid written and verbal communication skills in English
- Knowledge of Hibernate and Tomcat is a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.