Descrição da Vaga
Who You'll Work With
You’ll be working with McKinsey Implementation – a rapidly growing capability for our firm – in Santiago. As a member of MI, you’ll work closely with our client project teams, providing end-to-end support to ensure the clients are able to deliver and sustain the full benefits of McKinsey’s recommended change in their business.
Implementation is part of McKinsey’s Operations Practice, which assists our clients in solving complex operational challenges. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality, our teams of consultants and experts work to develop and implement operational strategies that solve our clients' most critical problems.
What You'll Do
You will work in small teams with colleagues and clients to build the capabilities, systems, and processes needed to deliver bottom-line results and ensure those results will be sustained.
Our work is about coaching others to achieve success in implementing new approaches and delivering lasting outcomes. You'll have the opportunity to manage client teams, comprising front-line leaders through to senior site management and develop trust-based relationships with them. You'll coach and mentor clients to help grow capabilities and effectiveness to achieve challenging goals, you'll provide insightful feedback and co-lead collaborative meetings with clients. You'll challenge client thinking, justify arguments, and maintain composure and professionalism in difficult times while creatively solving problems and inspiring innovative thinking in team members.
Additionally, you'll focus on recognizing implications from inter-related trends, data and experience and demonstrate judgement and creativity to make pragmatic recommendations. You'll developing the skills of McKinsey or client team members when appropriate, principally through coaching. You'll also solicit feedback from team members to develop your own skills. Common traits of those successful in this role are leadership, integrity, a sharp analytical mind, creativity, and the ability to work with people across all levels in an organization.
- 5–10 years of experience leading improvement initiatives with a renowned consulting firm or working in the Operations Practice in different industries
- MBA or post-grad degree preferred
- Functional depth preferred in lean, manufacturing and/or maintenance
- Deep technical expertise and broad experiential knowledge in area of implementation
- Demonstrated track record of client capability building and sustained impact
- Sound pattern recognition in key areas associated with delivering results and sustainable change
- Strong influencing, coaching and communication skills across all levels of an organization
- A passion for seeing others succeed
- Willingness to ‘roll up sleeves’ and work at all levels of client organisation
- Sound business judgment, problem-solving and quantification skills
- Experience with mid- to senior-level executive coaching
- Fluency in Portuguese by the time of the application, as well as English
- Fluency in Spanish is considered a plus
- Consumer Packaged Goods
- Metals & Mining