Descrição da Vaga
Requisition ID: 160587
Work Area: Finance
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
Responsible for the execution of key responsibilities within the finance and accounting function. For accounting, this may include design and execution of 1 or more functions that are performed to meet accounting and financial reporting requirements that result from legal obligations or SAP internal rules/processes/guidelines. For finance, this may include administration of 1 or more functions related to key finance areas (revenue recognition, commissions, order management, contracts, accounts receivable, treasury management, billing, or additional functions not in scope of a global Finance Shared Service model). Senior Finance Specialist is fully accountable and operates independently to achieve desired results. Incumbent will manage escalation of issues and projects/activities of moderate risk. Critical issues will be presented to leadership for resolution. The incumbent will partner closely with internal customers, external counterparts, peers and management at the global, regional or local level. The individual may often coach/lead others to complete assignments. The incumbent may lead 1 or more project, and is focused on process improvement/change management.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS:
- Revenue Recognition: Considered revenue recognition senior specialist for specific region, territory, or global level. Fully integrated with the field to provide deal support to proactively address issues. Single point of contact in complex revenue recognition matters and critical non-routine transactions, proactively proposing alternative, more preferable or simpler transaction setup or deal structures. Managing the relationship to the next level revenue recognition function. Participate in the monthly close process.
- Accounting: Actively engaged in the financial close to review balance sheet accounts, and prepare financial statements/reporting. Involved with financial audits and acquisition related activity. Responsible for the evaluation and resolution of the more complex accounting issues and interfacing with corporate to determine impact on Accounting Guidelines. May initiate or support process improvements within R2R.
- Order Management: Responsible for the booking and invoicing of customer contracts. May drive process improvements and close escalated issues. Educate sales team on full execution of order management activity.
- Cash Collections / Accounts Receivable (GCCO): Performs monitoring and collection of receivables including overdue receivables for selected group of customers. Investigates billing discrepancies and responds to external queries through Dispute Cases. Investigates A/R impairments and proposes Sales Allowances. Supports Ad-hoc queries and leads projects on local and/or regional level. Contact for external and internal auditors. Leads LOB conference calls with senior level executives.Treasury: Responsible for specific and more complex treasury topics in the area of financial risk or financial asset management, FX and cash management or external financing. Fully integrated within the organization the incumbent provides proactive treasury support and acts as business partner and decision support to other Lines of Business. Actively cooperates with external counterparts.Billing: May be responsible for the adminstration of the billing or related functions within assigned territory, region, or global level. Recognized as senior specialist that can handle complex accounts, complex customers and possesses broad understanding of related finance procesess/operations. Serves as lead to identify and resolve billing issues. May be considered audit lead or senior specialist with other related billing functions. Leads process improvements to leverage IT. Licensing: Independently performs, runs all processes and tasks around third party licensing in a self-driven and independent way with focus on quality and internal customers.
- Negotiates complex agreements with third party providers and oversees and coordinates license negotiations including draft agreements and provide executive summaries, risk evaluations and mitigation plans according to SAP’s licensing standards and audit relevant regulations (SOX 404, ISO9001) independently. Handles and manages escalations directly with upstream personnel including decision support and consulting of these persons in all licensing related aspects. Reviews licensing agreements and performs licensing validations for multiple business and distribution channels including decisions on licensing validations. Prepares & presents risk evaluations in cooperation with other process stakeholders.Contracts: Manages, prepares, and negotiates the terms and conditions, acceptance and administration of the contracts/subcontracts with internal lines of business and a customer’s legal/procurement personnel. Engages in risk/benefit analysis. Handles difficult/complex contractual agreements and assists in training extended sales team, acts as escalation path to help resolve issues and provides guidance to others performing customer-facing negotiations. Takes charge of decision-making process when reaching agreement with customers and makes binding Company commitments.
- Credit Management: Is actively engaged in the proactive monitoring of customer credit quality across all business lines and regional portfolio. Contributes to daily analysis of credit decision systems and data for the financial evaluation of SAP customers and prospects, as well as specialized monitoring or reporting for specific lines of business. Capable of interactions w/ all levels of management in Sales and F&A regarding Credit Process & Procedures. May support process improvements within Credit Management business process, and be engaged on special projects impacting the organization. Works with a high degree of independence and is very proactive in aligning with stakeholders to implement early warning on prospects not considered to be creditworthy.
- 5 years professional experience
- 5+ years of accounting or finance experience or in required field (revenue accounting, pricing, commissions, billing, etc)
- Experience with SAP ERP preferred
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Very good understanding of IFRS accounting issues and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and local accounting skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Fluent in English
- Contracts: Requires an extensive understanding of software license contracts and delivery of associated services; 7+ years’ experience with software/software related services terms & conditions negotiation
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting/Finance/IT Law/ Computer Science or related business background (MBA preferred) Preferred: Pursuing MBA, Master's or Legal degree.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations :
Job Segment: Financial, ERP, Consulting, Accounts Receivable, Computer Science, Finance, Technology