Descrição da Vaga
We are looking for a Senior Engineer – Supplier Quality in Valinhos – SP.
* Drives process and systemic quality improvements, at assigned supplier sites, through the use of quality tools (SPC, Lean, Six Sigma) and validates improvements through defined measurables to reduce quality non-conformances (DMR).
* Continually monitors assigned suppliers Performance status (PPM and DMR). Works with suppliers and plant SQA to implement effective 8D corrective action and comprehensive performance improvement plans as required.
* Conducts Quality/EHS risk assessments (QSA and Technical Assessment), in support of new sourcing, to determine if a supplier’s quality system meets Eaton’s performance thresholds. Set Action Plans to fulfill gaps found on QSA and Technical assessment, support and assure implementation plan.
* Participates on regional commodity strategy teams and provides the quality detail required to define strategy and to support strategy implementation.
* Works collaboratively with plant SQA and acts as point of escalation for major supplier issues.
Education / Experience required to meet position qualifications:
* Technical degree in engineering discipline or equivalent work experience
* Work toward or ASQ certified Quality Engineer
* Plant manufacturing experience
* Experience in using quality tools/methodologies (PPAP, APQP, MSA, SPC, auditing)
* Working toward or certified Six Sigma Green Belt
* Knowledge of Automotive Industry specific quality registration (ISO/TS16949)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and
machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that
we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on
power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the
environment with power management technologies that are more reliable,
efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that
our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient,
transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle
some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Latin America
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for
this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is
committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants
and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons
regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic
information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.