Descrição da Vaga
Who You'll Work With
You’ll be working in our Sao Paulo office as part of our QuantumBlack team.
McKinsey's QuantumBlack brings together the best of our digital capabilities to help our clients use digital technology to transform their businesses. As part of this group, you’ll join a global team working on everything from IT modernization and strategy to agile, cloud, cybersecurity, and digital transformation.
You’ll typically work on projects across all industries and functions and will be fully integrated with the rest of our global firm.You’ll also work with colleagues from across McKinsey & Company to help our clients deliver breakthrough products, experiences, and businesses, both on technology and non-technology topics.
Our office culture is casual, fun and social, with an emphasis on education and innovation. We have the freedom to try new ideas, experiment and are expected to be constantly learning and growing. There is also a strong emphasis on mentoring others in the group, enabling them to grow and learn.
What You'll Do
You will apply your passion for finding opportunities in data by using tools and techniques to get insights from large complex data sets.
Alongside highly talented business consultants, you will work on client projects focusing on various analyses and implementation. The impact of your work is normally realized in a very short span of study duration. You'll also focus on learning new technologies and you'll contribute to knowledge sharing, usually through blogs or conferences.
Despite being part of a large, multinational organization, you will work in a group that operates like small startup company. Our development teams are small, flexible and build highly scalable and secured solutions. We help clients construct Big Data solutions providing strategic direction, designing and driving architecture and implementation plan.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science with Mathematics and Statistics or equivalent subject; Master's degree preferred
- Experienced on Big Data platform like Hadoop, hbase, CouchDB, hive, Pig etc
- Worked with TeraData, Oracle, MySQL, Informatica, Tableu, QlikView or similar reporting and BI packages
- Used SQL, PL/SQL and similar languages, UNIX shell scripting
- Experienced with data modeling, design patterns, building highly scalable and secured solutions
- Knowledge of agile software development process and familiarity with performance metric tools
- Knowledge of web application development technologies such as Ruby on Rails, Java, UNIX, HTML, CSS, Perl, or PHP a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions; tolerance in dealing with bad quality data
- Proficiency in statistical data analysis and data mining packages SAS, SPSS, MatLab, R, STATA, Excel, etc.
- Distinct customer focus and quality mindset
- Ability to work at an abstract level and gain consensus
- Ability to see from and sell to multiple viewpoints
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and in various team settings
- Ability to work under pressure with a solid sense for setting priorities
- Ability to manage own learning and contribute to domain knowledge building
- Strong command of English language (both verbal and written)
- Ability to travel 50% of the time
- Financial Services
- High Tech