Descrição da Vaga
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Senior Case Evaluator
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Diligent evaluation and assessment of complex reports from clinical development projects as well as post marketing cases;
- Reporting sources include medical literature as well as, clinical trials and post-marketing surveillance studies. He/ she must ensure high medical quality and compliance with all health authority requirements regarding AE/ADR single case handling;
- Ensure medical plausibility, consistency and completeness of ADR case reports. Request follow-up information, and initiate use of specific product/event-related questionnaires when necessary;
- Confirm determination of seriousness, assess drug product causal association and global labeling status (expected or unexpected) in order to achieve the appropriate case reporting status for global distribution for regulatory agency reporting;
- Provide medical/clinical advice for non-medic group members;
- Medical coding of various case data including all AE and Drug terms. This requires in depth knowledge of the present coding systems (MedDRA and WHO-DD) with respect to structure and medical content;
- Create written company causality comment for ADR case reports in accordance with internal standards and guidelines, including specific aggregate analyses and summary description of previous similar reports when required;
- Identify critical case reports that require immediate attention of the Global Safety Leader (GSL), including cases that are potentially suitable for extended discussion in PV aggregate reports (PBRER/ PSURs, DSUR and ASRs);
- Serve as mentor for PV Case Processors;
- Participate in AE/SAE reporting compliance analysis, when necessary;
- Contribute to a continuous improvement of PV system and processes;
- Prepare and conduct trainings on case processing topics of interest.
Who you are
- Medical Degree with clinical experience;
- Must possess good medical/clinical interpretation skills based on potentially limited information provided along with a comprehensive understanding of medical terminology and proven capabilities in differential diagnosis;
- Should have or quickly develop basic knowledge of ICH principles of SAE/AE reporting along with basic understanding of local and global regulatory rules and regulations and basic knowledge of safety policies and procedures in the major countries;
- Should have or quickly develop good understanding of AE and drug coding conventions (MedDRA, WHO-DD);
- Basic knowledge of standard office software packages (Word, Excel);
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential;
- Fluency in English is essential (verbally and in writing). Must be able to fluently communicate with colleagues from PV data entry sites in other countries;
- Fluency in Portuguese;
- High sense of responsibility and accountability and special sense for diligence even for routine processes;
- Proactive behavior and ability to keep timelines;
- Should possess well established interpersonal, decision-making, and organizational skills, along with practiced training skills;
- Ability to identify problems in case evaluation and to assist in the design workable solutions;
- Should possess or quickly develop the ability to establish cooperative working relationships with staff from different cultural;
- Place of living: São Paulo, SP – Brazil.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Location: São Paulo