Descrição da Vaga
Who You'll Work With
You will be based in our São Paulo office and will be part of our global Electric Power and Natural Gas practice. This group advises top management of leading energy provider companies worldwide.
You’ll be part of our global knowledge network, which includes more than 1,800 knowledge professionals who work alongside our consultants and clients to generate distinctive insights and proprietary knowledge. You will work with this group to help develop, codify, sanitize, and manage our global knowledge portal, which includes more than 50,000 documents that form the backbone of our firm's knowledge management.
What You'll Do
You will leverage a solid understanding of industry and business trends, issues, and concepts to effectively and efficiently respond to complex research questions by delivering synthesized, actionable facts and insights to our consulting teams and clients.
You will also have the opportunity to work alongside senior knowledge professionals on larger client projects and internal knowledge initiatives. By collecting and analyzing data and information found in databases and/or other primary and secondary research tools, you'll assemble a fact base, counsel consultants on the scope of the business and economic trends surrounding the issue, and provide insights and analysis that enable problem solving.
Topics you'll research include electric power and natural gas industry structure and trends, company performance and business models, competitive landscape and players, wholesale power and related commodity markets, electric power market rules and dynamics, transmission markets, power generation technologies, renewable energy, and T&D operations and regulation. You'll be supporting client teams with targeted information and analyses, and conduct research in support of projects.
You'll analyze trends, markets, and company strategies, you’ll prepare and present written and visual materials based on analyses, and you’ll use a broad range of internal and external sources of data with a well-developed information infrastructure to handle research requests and develop knowledge in your daily work. Additionally, you’ll help to enhance the Practice’s current awareness of development in the energy sector and act increasingly as a thought partner in (client) team discussions.
- An undergraduate degree from a respected institution with demonstrated analytical expertise is required
- An advanced degree, MBA or equivalent in a relevant field (e.g., Energy Policy, Economics, Business, etc.) is an advantage
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in electric power or natural gas is required. Knowledge on water and waste management is a plus
- Solid understanding of economic, financial, and general business concepts and terminology
- Intellectual curiosity, along with excellent problem-solving, analytical, and quantitative skills
- Strong team-orientation and a professional attitude
- Multi-tasking abilities and experience in simultaneously managing multiple, demanding deadlines
- Ease in communicating technical content in an easy to understand way
- Ability to be an active and effective contributor to initiatives involving cross-functional teams with minimal guidance
- Advanced Excel skills, familiarity with core statistical concepts and modeling experience is not required but a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Sustainability & Resource Productivity
- Electric Power & Natural Gas
- Capital Projects & Infrastructure
- Oil & Gas