Descrição da Vaga
Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure and Operations (MCIO) is the engine that powers Microsoft's cloud services. The team is responsible for designing, building and operating our unified global datacenters; managing the demand planning and capacity utilization of our unified infrastructure; and responsible for all of the operations needed to run the physical infrastructure (including supply chain, hardware, power, security, and workflow teams). We focus on smart growth with an emphasis on automation, data driven engineering, cost-effectiveness and environmental sustainability.
We deliver the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform. Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our portfolio is built and managed by a team of subject matter experts working 24x7x365 to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
At the forefront of the action in MCIO is our Datacenter Operations Group!
In the Regional Critical Environments (CE) Program Manager role, you will have an opportunity to work alongside a dynamic team of industry professionals across the Information Technology (IT) and CE spectrum, supporting 24x7x365 mission-critical Datacenters’ (DC). Possessing a wide range of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing knowledge will be crucial in your primary role of standardizing infrastructure equipment, processes, and workflows amongst the regional and program management office representatives. Specific tasks will range from driving cost/energy efficiency projects for operating and maintaining systems across your region, to driving consistency in CE tactical operations.
The sites for which you will be responsible will also vary greatly ranging from leased sites with chilled water plants and Static UPS modules to owned sites with adiabatic cooling and no centralized UPS.
Multi-discipline engineering prowess, interpersonal awareness, and communication skills will be pivotal in bringing your project management and technical abilities to life, supporting Microsoft’s success!
REQUIRED - Skills, Qualifications, and Experience:
* 5+ Years’ experience operating mission-critical, 24x7x365 facilities or electrical infrastructures
* 3+ Years’ experience working on large scale projects
* Strong experience with the operation and maintenance of building cooling and mechanical systems
* Strong experience with the operation and maintenance of building electrical systems
* Established understanding of Electrical Power Monitoring Systems (EPMS), Branch Circuit Monitoring (BCM), Building Automation Systems (BAS), and Battery Monitoring Systems (BMS)
* Knowledge of construction techniques, terminology, and documentation (Ability to interpret blueprints, electrical one-lines, construction drawings etc.)
* Bachelor/Master degree in Electrical, Industrial, or Process Engineering
Preferred - Skills, Qualifications, and Experience:
* 5+ Years’ of engineering design experience
* Basic experience with physical IT infrastructures (e.g. Servers, SANs, Networking, etc.)
* Project Management Institute (PMI) Certification(s)