Descrição da Vaga
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
The Regional Business Analyst will take a data driven approach to informing decisions and process improvements critical to the success of our support organization within any given line of business. You will be first and foremost a strategist, using a deep knowledge of the product, a real passion for agent success and strong customer support, and analytical skills to inform policies and processes that are simultaneously the best for the business, the agent, and the customer. You should have a strategic mindset, strong analytical skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, a creative and problem solving attitude, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information.
What You'll Do
- Design and lead projects/experiments and drive analysis to inform important strategic decisions that improve the support experience for drivers and riders
- Coordinate with other members of the Global Community Operations Team to measure the impact and efficiency of new products and business processes
- Work closely with specific Lines of Business to provide insights that drive decisions around process, policy and service model
- Develop analytical frameworks to support the company with new markets and products
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes
- Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to assist city-level, regional, and global operations managers
What You'll Need
- Minimum 3 years of experience using data to drive business decisions is expected, but we will consider candidates with less experience if they meet out other requirements
- Fast-growing, technology, strategy consulting, business intelligence, investment banking/private equity background
- Ability to think strategically, scope problems and frame solutions effectively
- Ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role
- Experience presenting data visually
- Extraordinary Excel / data management skills
- SQL fluency required
- Professional proficiency in English and Portuguese
Bonus Points If
- Skill with programming languages such as R and/or Python
- Master Degree
- Experience working in a support environment
About the Team
At Uber, providing extraordinary customer support to riders and driver partners is a core feature of our product experience. The Community Operations team is pioneering how Uber manages rider and driver support around the globe during our most critical incidents and accidents. Delivering this support isn't easy - it takes leaders who can understand Uber's operations, adapt to our constantly changing business, and help solve problems where no solution currently exists.