Descrição da Vaga
The primary responsibilities of this position include determining the application of equipment designs for customer needs, and supporting the manufacturing process. It also entails working closely with Sales, Engineering, Supply Chain, Customer Service, and Production to proactively identify customer solutions, resolve quality issues, improve production processes and share best practices among manufacturing locations. This position is considered responsible for costs and customer needs on projects for the region.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- Assist the sales department to determine the best equipment for customer applications and prepare approval drawings and equipment costing for quotes as necessary.
- Work with the operations team in USA, South Africa, and Australia to provide the best solution for customers for a cost, delivery, and implementation perspective.
- Work with the engineering design team to create detail production level drawings by communicating project scope, requirements, customer needs, etc. to the South Africa design team.
- Facilitate the BOM release to our strategic 3rd party vendors for production and assemble of equipment
- Provide project management and coordination of projects to meet quality, delivery and cost targets.
- Create system level drawings for proposal, approval, and production within a global PDM environment and communicate milestones globally.
- Work with the global factories to set and achieve project milestones, cost objectives, and delivery targets.
- Participate in supplier qualifications/audits and interface with them on quality performance.
- In conjunction with various teams, develop and implement programs for improving supplier quality
- Establish accurate manufacturing costs, and assist the global operations team with standard cost analysis and initiate cost reduction activities on existing products.
- Develop and/or maintain metrics to support the above initiatives.
Other Job Requirements:
- 25-50% travel
- A 4-yr degree in mechanical engineering from an accredited college/university
- Fluency in English & Spanish required
- 5 years experience designing industrial capital equipment.
- Knowledge of SolidWorks and AutoCAD
- Demonstrated past history of project management
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and how cost impacts the overall business
- High ability to communicate globally with stakeholders in multiple countries
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Experience using Product Data Management (PDM) tools
- Enhanced PC knowledge and skill sets of utilizing Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to lead and work in teams
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Formal training in Statistical Process Control, Define Measure Analyze Improve Control (this is well known quality improvement process within 6-Sigma), Failure Modes & Effects Analysis or other process improvement methodology.
- Experience utilizing process improvement tools in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in ISO and Regulatory Approvals
- MAPICS experience