Descrição da Vaga
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: São Paulo, State of São Paulo, Brazil; Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
Messaging holds a central place in our lives, whether it’s coordinating a meet-up, sharing photos with friends, or sending thoughts to a loved one. RCS messaging is designed to move mobile networks beyond texting, and enable users to do things like share high resolution photos and larger files, chat with a group, know when messages are read, or make video calls. Google is aligning with the mobile industry to provide both an awesome Android client meeting the universal RCS profile, as well as a Google scale Jibe platform directly to carriers.
Making the world's information universally accessible and useful doesn't stop at the desktop. The Mobile team builds tools to get you the information you need no matter where you are. Android has become the world's most popular mobile ecosystem, powering billions of devices, from smartphones to tablets, watches to TVs and everything in between. Whether adding to the core Android experience, forging new markets for digital content, creating immersive and portable versions of our products or managing relationships with a global community of developers, the Mobile team is giving you Google on the go.
- Ensure Google and Jibe products are successfully delivered to carrier partners, OEMs and end users.
- Be first line of defense between external challenges and internal engineering efficiency.
- Manage and communicate complex, technical schedules that involve both internal and external engineering teams.
- Use your technical background to contribute to technical design and implementation.
- Take responsibility for whole portions of the product with and manage them to closure.
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
* 5 years of experience leading software and services projects.
* 2 years of experience as a practicing Software or Telecom Engineer.
* Technical experience with mobile operator and/or OEM technologies, processes and operations.
* Knowledge of IP-based technical standards used by mobile operators (e.g. RCS, LTE etc.).
* Technical experience deploying platforms or services into multiple operator networks across multiple territories, e.g. as a vendor to operators, or delivering products within an operator group.