Descrição da Vaga
The Partner Technical Strategist (PTS) role is key to Microsoft's partner management strategy as part of the One Commercial Partner Organization. The goal is to secure partner’s technical commitment, ensure ongoing enablement and support business growth through the Microsoft Partner Journey Maps. The PTS should possess deep solution and technical expertise to be able to drive high priority initiatives in collaboration with OCP individuals and the partner. The role will need to develop required solutions and build partner technical capacity by working with the managed partner portfolio through the Build-With lifecycle, from recruit to grow, aligned to partner segment. The focus of the role evidences Microsoft’s deep commitment to the partner ecosystem to build a mutually beneficial technical and practice development relationship by working closely with partner technical leadership. The PTS for Managed Services typically manages our hosters and managed service partners. The PTS represents Microsoft to the channel, communicates our tech strategy, sells our vision and brings partners along in the digital transformation journey. The outcome will be to drive long-term revenue, accelerate cloud consumption and digital transformation through a set of practices leading to workload/industry based co-sell.
Key Responsibilities: The Impact You’ll Be Making
- Lead Partner Recruitment: Build trusted CXO relationships and manage technical relationship with managed partner and secure technical commitment through Microsoft “Partner Journey Maps”. Share broad knowledge of the industry, IT landscape and Microsoft platform, demonstrate technical leadership and help partners drive their business towards digital transformation. Drive partner technical qualification process and gain/maintain a strong understanding of the partner business model and strategies.
- Ensure Partner Enablement: Facilitate practice design thru solution/practice maps and scale through repeatable automated building blocks/solutions. Be responsible for successful skills and talent development of partners to successfully provide solutions and services on Microsoft platform. Drive tech aspects of partner capacity development with defined milestones (Cloud Assessment, Solution Design etc.). Drive adoption and promote long term growth of MS platform and hybrid cloud technology, orchestrate technical engagements (including Cloud Solution Architect) across app, solutions and services projects. Identify and address gaps and technical blockers. Enable partners to do Architecture Design Session (ADS), Proof of Concepts or land offers to drive through channel execution. Prioritize across practices as required. Focus on long-term sustainable growth, digital transformation and ensure competitive landscape is addressed.
- Drive Business Growth: Grow the managed partner portfolio by driving and being accountable for performance as measured by consumption, usage, and adoption. Support global expansion.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- Deep understanding of digital transformation business drivers, cloud platforms, emerging computing trends and their impact on customer opportunities.
- 10+ years of related experience in technology solutions/practice development, Cloud / Infrastructure technologies. Knowledge of MS platform preferable, project management, technical Sales and technical account management.
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with CXOs and building cloud consumption share in hosters or managed service providers.
- Extensive experience of managing virtual teams across functions and geographies:
- Inclusive and collaborative – driving teamwork and cross-team alignment
- Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills
- Strong executive presence including communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort to large and small technical audiences.
- Problem solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow through with partners.
- Technical BS degree, Computer Science or Math background required. MS in related fields desirable.