Descrição da Vaga
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on new modalities, self-driving cars and even urban air transportation, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
The UberEATS Operations & Logistics Manager role is a unique opportunity to help expand one of Uber's newest services: UberEATS. This is a critical role as it interfaces between EATS driver partners and EATS restaurant partners to optimize the food delivery process. This operations-driven role calls for a self-starter who specializes in creative problem solving, is excited by creating and iterating on operationally complex processes, and can develop and lead a multitude of restaurant relationships. This is an intense business side startup role, and this person will work with the EATS operations teams along with headquarters-based engineering, product, and process teams. This role will have direct responsibility for the growth of the UberEATS business.
What you'll do:
- Strategy and Analytics. Structure analytical and process-oriented experiments to develop optimal weekly menu, decide when we can expand geographically and temporally, create account management tools for our multitude of partners, and much, much more!
- Restaurant Partner Management. Work with restaurant partners (often on-site at their restaurants) to launch and refine the fulfillment process.
- Food Quality Control. Take ownership of the quality of the food being delivered from start to finish; run daily temperature testing and work with restaurant partners on continuous improvement of their quality control processes.
- Collect and Act on Feedback. Create processes to stay in close communication with restaurant partners and customers and incorporate feedback into process improvements on the ground.
- CFO - Chief Food Officer. Test (or get friends at work to test) all food items to figure out makes it onto our platform; regularly dine on the best food in town!
- Hustle. Take ownership of UberEATS growth in your city, and do what it takes to get the job done.
What you need to know/have:
- Bachelor's degree from a 4-year university
- A minimum of 3 years of experience is expected, but we will consider candidates with less experience if they meet our other requirements
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- A willingness to be "in the trenches" working with our driver and restaurant partners
- Startup (all-hands-on-deck) "I bust my ass because I love it" approach
- Experience creating and optimizing processes
- Data-driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Solid understanding of a variety of business models (we're still proving ours)
- Passion for the on demand delivery space, and food delivery in particular