Descrição da Vaga
Responsible for providing internal and external leadership in the areas of
food microbiology, food safety and quality. Provide direction and leadership
with Cargill food and feed businesses in the LATAM region to ensure products
are microbiologically safe, stable and meet the food safety and quality
requirements of our customers and regulatory bodies. Partner with Cargill
businesses, customers and external associations in the region to drive
continuous improvement and provide solutions that bring value to Cargill.
- Take a leading role in solving microbiological, quality and food safety problems in regional food and feed producing businesses. Partner with the businesses in developing and implementing solutions and actions. Lead the improvement of microbiological safety of existing processes, facilities and equipment and product formulations. Partner with the businesses to implement zoning principles and environmental testing protocols.
- Partner with internal and external microbiology laboratories to ensure that routine and non-routine food safety and quality testing is conducted appropriately. Develop programs that align microbiological testing methods and documentation. Drive continuous improvement and rationalization of microbiological testing programs regionally. Lead the development of the SEM GLP process for external Microbiology labs.
- Influence external customers and suppliers, using science to resolve issues and improve overall food safety systems. Partner with FSQR tags with customer specific projects and solutions.
- Lead microbiology training and development programs across the region, in partnership with regional FSQR managers and relevant functions.
- Serve as Cargill representative in regional industry, government and trade associations on food safety and food microbiology related functions.
* Travel requirements mainly in the region.
* Bachelors degree in Microbiology, Chemistry, Food Science, Animal Science or related scientific field
* Quality and Food Safety experience in food or feed manufacturing.
* Knowledge of food pathogens and spoilage microorganisms.
* Experience in food microbiology testing.
* Sanitary design and zoning experience in food and/or feed facilities.
* Understanding of microbiology risks and risk mitigation.
* Knowledge of FSSC22000 including implementation of HACCP.
* Intermediate Food Safety and Quality Auditing/Compliance - Applies auditing/quality compliance skills to identify & manage risks/compliance.
* Intermediate HACCP Knowledge/Implementation - Applies HACCP to identify and control food safety hazards.
* Intermediate Customer Specifications Management - Interfaces effectively with customers; ensures products meet customer specifications; answers questions and solves customer problems.
* Advanced Plant Manufacturing Quality Knowledge - Demonstrates practical knowledge of manufacturing processes and operations.
* Intermediate Business Acumen - Applies deep and practical business acumen to partner effectively with business counterparts.
* Intermediate Knowledge of Food Laws & Regulations - Stays up-to-date and ensures compliance with food laws and regulations.
* Intermediate Supplier Quality Assurance - Identifies and addresses supplier quality issues.
* Intermediate Managing and Improving FSQR Processes - Delivers processes that are aligned, effective, and optimize Cargill resources.
* Intermediate Knowledge of Cargill Policies & Standards - Applies enterprise policy and standards to enhance food safety and quality.
* Intermediate Project Management - Applies a structured, disciplined approach to planning, administering and completing projects successfully.
* Intermediate External Partnering - Builds relationships and negotiates effectively with external groups.
* Intermediate Training / Meeting Management - Delivers learning solutions in a manner that engages learners and produces desired outcomes.
* Intermediate Scientific Knowledge - Applies scientific knowledge, principles to identify and manage risks.
* Basic Product Information/Documentation - Prepares product information and documentation that meet regulatory compliance requirements.
* Intermediate Risk Assessment - Conducts and communicates the results of a scientific evaluation of the known or potential adverse health effects resulting from human or animal exposure to food borne hazards.
* Basic Knowledge of Quality Standards & Quality Tools - Applies knowledge of quality standards and tools to enhance food safety and quality.
Cargo: Garantia da Qualidade / Segurança Alimentar