Descrição da Vaga
Are you passionate about production, engineering and continuous improvement
processes? Are you looking for a position within wind energy sector? Join the
Spare Parts & Repair Fortaleza in Brazil and you will interact with all the
Vestas has been operating on the Latin American market since 1992. The Brazil
sales region has great increase potential. The current government is mostly
favorable and has been increasing opportunities in this sector. It is crucial
for Vestas to have a strong presence and market share growth in the short
term, in order to consolidate operations and image within clients. There are
already several wind farms operating in Brazil.
Now we are also opening our brand new Nacelles Assembly plant in Fortaleza.
The plant will be dedicated to assembly of nacelles, the hub which sits atop a
wind turbine tower and encases the gear box, drive train and other components
at the center of the rotor. When fully operational, the facility will have an
annual production capacity of approximately 400 nacelles of the V90 and V100
turbine type representing an initially estimated annual capacity of 800
* Oversees receiving, order fulfillment, packing, shipping of orders.
* Ensures a clean working environment while maintaining safety awareness at all times.
* Ensures timely posting of all inventory transaction such as receiving, shipping and stock transfers. Maximize utilization of warehouse to achieve most efficient use of floor space.
* Ensures completion of monthly cycle count and bi-annual physical inventories.
* Ensures all outbound shipments from the warehouse are posted in SAP and entered into TMS (Transport Management System.)
* Communication – demonstrates excellent communication ability with department employees and internal customers.
* Customer Service – responds promptly to customer needs via email, phone call or face to face meetings.
* Planning/Organizing - prioritizes and plans work activities.
* Coordinates with internal organizations to ensure critical shipments are properly routed and delivered.
* Utilizes SAP to maintain receiving, order fulfillment, packaging and shipping for sites.
* Ensure optimized shipments by bundling of orders wherever possible for local Area and Distribution locations.
* Problem solving – identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, develops alternative solutions.
* Ensures customer service - responds promptly to customer needs.
* Operates forklift, overhead crane and warehouse equipment.
* Supports the main component repair process by managing inventory of gear boxes, generators and main shafts at Vestas sites and repair locations
* Coordinates with procurement, operations and front desk functions in order to ensure alignment of activities within the repair process.
* Process inventory transactions for movement between SBU and SPR storage locations and repair shops.
* Manages monthly cycle counts for 3rd party repair shops and 3rd party storage facility including reconciliation of the discrepancies.
* Ensures delivery to request and promise (to the agreed delivery address..)
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work experience required.
* Minimum 3 years increasingly responsible warehouse work experience
* Experience with movement of heavy equipment.
* Working knowledge of transport coordination and requirements within local area.
* Working knowledge of customs & compliance law.
* Strong computer skills including proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel. MS Access desired.
* Excellent verbal and written skills, ability to read/write in English.
* Some project management experience preferred.
* Excellent customer service skills
What we offer
We offer an exciting job in a dynamic, international environment. You’ll be
working in a fast growing team which is at the forefront of growth within the
wind energy sector. As well as offering a competitive salary and benefits
package, we put the emphasis on developing both personal and professional
skills. In return, we expect you to go the extra mile to achieve results.
Location: Fortaleza Brazil
*WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US. *
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to
wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more the 51.000
turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number
via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading
position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of the
total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind
leader and the world’s energy mix more sustainable – join us, and be part of
ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.
Unposting Date: Ongoing