Descrição da Vaga
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on new modalities, self-driving cars and even urban air transportation, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About The Role
We are looking for someone to lead Uber's communications efforts in São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro. You will report directly to the Head of Communications Brazil, and will work in close consultation with Uber's business team
What You'll Do
- The most successful consumer technology companies are brilliant storytellers, who put their products—as well as the benefits of those products—front and center in every communication
- For that, we need to build lasting relationships with the key news outlets and journalists in every country where we operate. Also, it's about being creative in how we tell our story, including using social media, as well as working with the public policy team to develop campaigns that make the positive case for reform
- Establishing Uber's brand and profile with the media and third parties
- Working to tell our story—and the story of ridesharing—in creative, inspiring ways that resonate with journalists and their audience
- Understanding the impact that new technologies have in the regulatory and legal fields
- Working on communications for São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro
What You'll Need
- A self starter: Uber is a company of entrepreneurs and we want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up too. Stuff changes fast in our world so you'll need to be highly adaptable as well as calm under pressure
- A great advocate: We're looking for people who can distill complex ideas into simple, but intellectually credible, arguments. You'll need to write well and have the creative ability to tell stories—about our product, people and the ways we're helping to improve life for passengers, drivers and cities
- A team player: We're looking for people who enjoy working with others to get stuff done—and who can deal with the ambiguity that sometimes comes from working cross-functionally
About the Team
The most successful consumer technology companies are brilliant storytellers, who put their products—as well as the benefits of those products—front and center in every communication
Our team is responsible for telling Uber's story to the media and third parties: whether it's transforming how we get around town and the lives of people who value independent, flexible work; or cutting congestion in cities by getting more backsides into fewer cars. That's partly about building lasting relationships with the key news outlets and journalists in every country where we operate. It also about being creative in how we tell our story, including the use of social media, as well as working with the public policy team to develop campaigns that make the positive case for reform.