Descrição da Vaga
We are looking for a dynamic and innovative professional to Lead a team of Corn Line Development Breeders (LDBs) in Brazil at various sites and develop a strong pipeline driving technology application and product characterization strategy to improve commercial adoption of new products. Interact with different stakeholders, integrate predictive analytics and advanced phenotyping to deliver new products with improved performance.
** Main Activities/Responsibilities:** ** _
* The ** _Line Development Breeding Lead** will ** work closely** with other Regional Breeding Leads; Phenotyping Teams; Pipeline Systems Team; Ag & Native Trait Conversion Teams and Plant Health Teams to deliver new lines coded, a robust SC2, PS1, PS2 and PS2.5 product pipeline highly driven by analytics and predictions to improve the germplasm and products confidence in the pipeline.
* The individual will also interact with ** various groups** in Technology: TPD, MBT, Analytics, other Breeding Leads, Pipeline Systems and Trait Integration teams, managing Long Range Plans and resources allocations.
* The role will have responsibility of managing the ** LDB** [Line Development Breeders] for corn or soybean at various sites and developing product characterization strategy to improve technology adoption in new products.
* The lead will be responsible for accelerating innovation implementation through collaboration and develop People Potential of the team.
* Included in responsibilities will be the management of Germplasm diversity and development of Genotype by Environment by Management evaluation strategy for characterizing performance of early and pre-commercial pipeline.
* The individual will also be responsible for integrating predictive analytics and advanced phenotyping techniques to better understand germplasm and product performance.
The Lead will also own the ** development** of succession planning for key roles and career development of key staff members and ensure that all ** ESH Procedures** , ** Vehicle Safety, Human Rights, QMS, Regulatory & Compliance** protocols are implemented and followed.
** Main Deliverables:** ** _
- Year-over-year ** genetic gain** as per the LRP [Long Range Plan].
2.Year-over-year a ** new Line and Hybrids classes** in high value Ag and Native Trait configurations to meet the needs of Brazil’s pipelines.
3.Align phenotyping plan to enable ** systems recommendations** on all pre-commercial products.
4.Build as ** strong partnership** with the Technology and Commercial organizations.
5.Fully implement, execute and build on ** Breeding 3.0**.
PhD or Master in Genetics or Agricultural Science or Product Management.
Strong interpersonal and team leadership skills
Strong communication skills, written and verbal, Portuguese and English
Results orientation and attention to details
Resources management experience preferred
Organized and Process Oriented person
Innovative and data driven person
Demonstrated success in the managing and development of people, teams and projects
Other Required Qualifications:
* Fluent English
* Leadership Skills
* Links with international and national breeders and scientists as appropriate. Some national and international travel is required.
* Strong record of innovation and applying new technology in product development.
* Experience in development of Big Data tools and solutions in agricultural production or research Experience in managing plant breeding or science programs and teams.
* Working knowledge of Agronomy and Precision Agriculture.