Descrição da Vaga
Power Power Conversion
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
As part of the Control & Automation Engineering team, provide technical support to Lead Engineer during the project execution and coordinate the Control & Automation Engineering project team, focused on quality control, productive, safety and cost control.
* Define all activities of the Control & Automation Engineering and the respective resource allocation, aligned with the scope of supply. This definition of activities, resources and terms will be used as base for schedule project consolidation;
* Define the strategy for additional resources for engineering activities, internal or external (other GE units or third suppliers);
* Act as a focal point for providing Control & Automation expertise;
* Participate, strongly, in the definition and updating of the Control & Automation engineering activities schedule. The results need to be reported to the lead engineer;
* Coordinate the progress of the engineering activities Control & Automation responsibility, during all Project’s phases.
* Technical support for Lead Engineer regarding the interface between engineering project team and customer during all Project’s phases;
* Consolidate with Lead Engineer all Change Requests of the project, applied to engineering activities related to Control & Automation;
* Technical support for Lead Engineer regarding the interface between Control and Automation engineering team, others GE’s units and sub-suppliers related to Control & Automation to standardize solutions and improve products;
* Technical Interface among others engineering project team to align the project’s subjects;
* Identify and mitigate the technical risks of the Control & Automation solutions and applications in projects;
* Define, monitoring and controlling engineering activities hours planned, under C&A platform responsibility, reporting to Lead Engineer;
* Define technical solutions to the project, focused in optimized cost X benefits;
* Technical support to Sourcing & Logistics Team, when required;
* Technical support to Suppliers, when required;
* Technical support to Installation and Commissioning Teams, when required;
* Ensure GE Power Conversion’s standard bases and procedures applied in the project, complying the customer’s expectation and quality control.
* Degree or equivalent in electrical engineering or related subject;
* Chartered Engineer or equivalent proven record of continuous professional development;
* At least ten years in Control & Automation engineering and application;
* Project leadership;
* Fluency in English language.
* ExperienceExperience in a leadership role;
* Experience in Control & Automation design for different verticals: Energy, Metals, Mining and/or Marine;
* Personal QualitiesCapable of leading a multi-disciplined international team;
* Ability to multi-task on a variety of projects to strict time scales;
* Excellent communication skills in English and Portuguese;
* Good report writing skills in order to report to direct management;
* Good personal organisational skills;
* CircumstancesClean driving licence.