Descrição da Vaga
Position Purpose & Summary
The FIBI Enterprise is committed to increase sales and profitability in the
Personal Care Industry.
The Account Manager Personal Care is responsible for building and developing
customer relationships and insights with key personal care customers in SA,
mainly in Brazil, and ultimately a profitable business from a portfolio of
specialty and commodity ingredients from Cargill businesses (texturizers,
emollients, emulsifiers, humectants ...) She/He will be responsible to build
strong customer relationships cross-functionally (purchasing, R&D, Marketing…)
and to develop a deep understanding of the customer’s success drivers,
corresponding requirements, identifying key decision makers and our
The Account Manager Personal Care plays a leading role in customer related
projects to ensure the delivery of a high value and differentiated solutions
meeting customer’s needs and leveraging this success to strengthen a long term
Commercial accountability includes reaching margin & volume targets according
to the personal care strategy and establishing growth through innovation.
Furthermore, accountability involves deploying marketing tools such as
customer account plans & segmentation, delivering value propositions, and
gaining industry knowledge and translating this back into the wider personal
care organization : sales, marketing and application teams.
The Account Manager Personal Care must also create the interface between the
PC team and the Local BU’s (CIS & SSSA) to insure a smooth internal & external
customer transition to Cargill Beauty. This requires internal selling and
building a strong collaborative working relationship with the local BU’s to
_Achieving Commercial Growth Targets - Build, Develop & Maintain internal /
external customer / customer relationships. _
* Achieves the commercial volume, revenues and contribution margin targets for her/his portfolio of customers in the region.
* Builds and manages business planning (volume needs) and financial forecasting and sets annual fiscal year sales budget.
* Agree on PC customer lists with the BU’s together with Cargill Beauty Strategy.
* Initiating, developing, and maintaining long/lasting customer working relationships with direct customer accounts.
* Identify, implement and become trained on IT tools needed (eg. Sales Force).
* Identify all customer projects & implement them in the IT tools.
* Actively participate and decide on product related topics on supply chain, planning, quality.
* Develop limit and target price as guidelines for sales.
* Provide MOQ and lead time guidelines.
* Coordinate payment terms.
* Being accountable for the overall success of the customer relationship.
* Accountable for managing all steps in sales process. Starting with pre-sale discussions on terms & conditions, negotiate and close sales, winning new business, through execution and payment for product. As required, involve Local BU’s, Product Manager or Sales Support and other support functions during the process.
* Manages credit and counterparty risk management
* Understands customer strategy, competitive environment, and needs.
* Builds Customer Account Plan and monitors execution.
* Identifying/ building relationships with a broad set of key gatekeepers, influencers and decision-makers at customers and across cosmetics industry in SA.with a primary focus in Brazil.
Research and identify customer/ business needs
* Researching and identifying customer requirements and expectations
* Possessing and continuously developing deep knowledge of the customer’s business strategy and requirements
* Ensuring that sales and marketing strategies and tactics are effectively aligned with the regional and local marketplace practices
* Coordinate with Marketing to capture customer and consumer trends. Provides input into business understanding of customer segments, supply and demand dynamics.
* Identify and communicate value-creation opportunities across Personal Care group.
Solution proposal and development / negotiation to sales execution
* Maximizing the ability to deliver new/ existing value propositions and solutions
* Within the frame of the defined Catalogue of services for your customer: connect with personal care teams : quality/ regulatory, applications, marketing, product management, sales peers to develop irresistible solutions for your customer.
* Provide technical presentations at customer to present new product launches and concepts.
* Possessing solid expertise on negotiation techniques that focus on strengthening the customer relationship and “win-win” outcomes
* Supporting the translation of business plans and sales strategy into account specific growth plans.
* Executing customer pricing within established market pricing policy and finalizing with customer.
* Overseeing proposal development; helping create offerings that represent maximum value to the customer and Cargill.
Education, Experience, Skills
Minimum Required Qualifications
* Bachelor or Master, in Chemistry, Biology or other related sciences
* Experience in sales (account management) in the cosmetic / personal care industry in B2B or distribution, preferably in SA
* Experience with customer initiated cross functional project management
* Technical understanding or background on cosmetic formulations, process, ingredients
* Strong listening, understanding and influencing skills,
* Demonstrated Innovating and Conceptualizing competencies,
* Excellent collaboration/interpersonal skills,
* Basic understanding of personal applications : skin, hair & oral care.
* Good communication skills
* Ability to work with cross functional and multi-cultural teams
* Team player
* Strong Conviction, Courage and Integrity,
* Motivated by achieving high performance
* Fluent in English and Portuguese
* Working experience in a complex matrix-organization
* Customer driven, networker, curiosity, good listener,
* Able to think out-of-the-box
* Takes initiative and is a good closer,
* Takes ownership and accountability and is resilient, with good interpersonal skills.
* Strong ability to negotiate.
* Ability to effectively communicate and partner with internal & external stakeholders
* Solutions focused mind set
* Strong analytical skills
* Team Builder and Inspiring Role Model,
* Fluent in English and Portuguese