Descrição da Vaga
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
The insurance litigation team oversees and manages litigation and claims arising out of Uber's insurance policies. In doing so, the team works hand in hand with our insurance partners and outside counsel to drive solutions and innovate. The insurance litigation team also works across Uber's business teams, from operations to safety, to evaluate and manage risk.
What You'll Do
- Review, analyse and respond to tort litigation (including pre-action stages) in Brazil, including liability analysis and communicating with third parties and their legal representatives
- Perform complex data analytics in a time-sensitive and confidential nature followed by presentation of findings
- Respond directly to requests from outside counsel and insurers
- Analyse, issue spot and escalate enquiries when necessary
- Perform initial file management including fact investigation and preservation
- Draft pleadings and discovery responses
- Review, categorise, organise, track and maintain legal documents.
- Support new Brazilian insurance initiatives in collaboration with regional insurance carriers and internal stakeholders
What You'll Need
- 5 Minimum Years of Experience with Insurance Litigation, but we will consider candidates with less experience if they meet our other requirements
About the Team
The Uber Legal Team is currently searching for an Insurance Litigation Paralegal / Legal Assistant, with expertise in insurance defense litigation