Descrição da Vaga
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
What you'll do
- Vision : Working closely with Strategy and Planning Leads and Regional General Managers across the company to align overall company vision.
- Thought Leadership : Working with all General Managers across Latin America to set strategic priorities, align regional and company vision, and share best practices.
- Program/Project Management : Be a resourceful, go-getting multitasker, supporting city teams across the region. You'll be THE go to person for many key initiatives, not just for Operations, but across key teams within the organization such as Finance, Growth, and Product.
- Process improvement : Identify operational and structural weaknesses and opportunities, and help improve or innovate new processes to keep our local and regional teams as efficient as possible.
- Scale : Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to assist city-level, regional, and expansion efforts, and make data-driven decisions.
- Develop Relationships : Interface with other functional areas (Engineering, Business Development, People Operations, Product, Legal, Finance etc.) to ensure efficient and productive working relationships.
- Lead by example : Be truth-seeking and comfortable with data, set high standards for the team to think boldly and creatively and then funnel that energy into concrete processes and execution plans. Move fast and be biased toward action.
What you'll need
- At least 10 years of investment banking / consulting / business intelligence / strategy or related experience; some high-growth operations or startup experience is very much preferred.
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish & English; Portuguese a plus.
- Exceptional communication and organization skills.
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment.
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength.
- Self-starter - the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role.
- A "driver" personality - biased toward action, great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills.
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and address something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- Clear communicator. You are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the key take aways, and disseminate actionable insights.
- MBA highly preferred.
- SQL Proficiency highly preferred.