Descrição da Vaga
As a member of the Global Communications & Public Affairs team, you will work cross-functionally to help communicate with journalists and other thought leaders; devise specific communications materials and campaigns based on understanding of journalists' interests; engage in face-to-face meetings with commentators and other opinion formers; develop print and web-based material supporting these campaigns; and counter misinformation that might interfere with our business and ability to serve our users. We're looking for great communicators who can understand complex issues and explain them in person and also via well written, simple blog posts, FAQs, video scripts and more.
It's our job to help inform and educate users, advertisers, partners, opinion leaders--and our own employees--about the benefits of Google's products, our distinctive company culture/values, and our approach to the big public policy issues of the day. We are looking for quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious people to join the team. To succeed here, you'll need to be able to combine creativity with the organizational skills to manage numerous different projects to tight deadlines simultaneously, as well as enjoy pitching to all kinds of journalists, bloggers and commentators (we find it hard too!), or producing internal communications and events for our employees. Things happen quickly at Google and to get stuff done here you need to be an enthusiastic team player - a self-starter who can work cross-functionally and isn't frightened to take risks or try out new ways of doing things.
- Take responsibility for all communications activities for Google in Brazil and represent Google as a company spokesperson for a wide variety of media and blogger inquiries.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product, Sales and Marketing teams to create compelling communications strategies that illustrate the functionality and key benefits of our consumer and advertising products.
- Collaborate with Policy and Legal teams to create compelling communications strategies around issues facing the company.
- Develop close, productive relationships with journalists, bloggers, product reviewers and our key partners in Brazil. Train and provide advice to company officials for press events and manage a PR agency to help support day-to-day inquiries, special projects and events.
- Develop written materials, including story presentations, messaging guidelines, press releases, Q&As, presentations and speeches.
* BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
* 15 years of relevant experience in communications; working directly with press and the media.
* Ability to speak and write in English and either Portuguese and/or Spanish fluently and idiomatically.
* Master's degree or PhD.
* Ability to think, plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized fashion.
* Demonstrated ability to operate and maintain good judgment in fast-paced environments.
* Ability to work with colleagues in different countries and understand cultural differences.