Descrição da Vaga
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 27,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation.
As a Group Manager, Solution Development, you will focus on designing, deploying and testing solution components of large size and complexity. This position develops and tests mission critical enterprise solutions including, web services, enterprise portals and mobile applications. You will have key project/program leadership responsibilities, and will serve as a career manager to other Solution Developers.
Additionally, you will assist with customer relationship, change requirements,
proposal development and some marketing/PR initiatives. Overall, you will
contribute to the repository of intellectual property.
Key Role Responsibilities: Day-to-day, you will:
- Lead and review his/her team's work across all phases of Avanade projects (Plan Analyze, Design, Build and Test)
- Direct effort to defining technical, operational and user requirements
- Design conceptual architecture and technical solutions
- Lead and review efforts to develop and implement client-approved solution
- Take responsibility for project management of various initiatives, including work estimation, planning, stakeholder management, and group management
- Ensure project quality meets standards through KPI identification and testing plan
- Own partnership with cross-functional technology and design teams to ensure consistent, beneficial client interaction and solution delivery
- Ensure offshore resources are utilized and leveraged appropriately
- Take active role in sales activities and planning as required
- Advanced skills in analyzing, designing, developing, implementing and maintaining application code in a variety of contexts
- Advanced skills in developing client-based and/or web-based software solutions
- Demonstrated experience about application development, complex code development, application testing, component design
- Demonstrated experience of specific technologies as specified by hiring manager
- Experience leading software development-focused projects
- Experience consulting to external clients on complex projects, including in leadership roles
- Experience working with global teams on projects
- Experience working with offshore teams to facilitate project work
- Demonstrated excellence in communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form
- Experience making use of service brokering in project work
- Strong commercial awareness and financial intelligence (e.g., P&Ls, how decisions impact cost, profit, etc.)
- Solid written and spoken communication skills
- Preferred Certifications: Desired certifications to be determined by hiring manager in partnership with Market Unit/Talent Community
- Preferred Education
- Background: You will likely possess a Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or related field
Preferred Years of Work
Experience: You will likely have 5+ years of increasingly diverse or complex experience
Preferred Years of
- 1-2 years of management experience (For Managers)
- Scope of Work: Nature of Work: Creates and implements work plans for assigned projects, programs, and/or clients against established operational objectives; supports translation of group strategy into objectives and work plans.
- Scope of Work: Provides operational leadership for large-scale, strategically critical work efforts requiring significant coordination.
- Complexity: Complex problems that span work domains and require continual alignment to internal and external business issues to deliver expected results across groups.
- Discretion: Wide latitude in approach to work, including ability to reshape work plans, guided by professional best practices and domain expertise.
- Organizational Impact: Work efforts have significant impact on near- and mediumterm
- Avanade and/or client operations. If client-facing, should contribute to clientrelationship and sales outcomes.
- Supervision Received: Works independently, with occasional validation of work efforts against strategic and operational objectives. Significant latitude in judgment & approach.
- Supervision Provided: Mentors and manages work efforts of more junior colleagues and team members as required by various workstreams; may formally supervise work of project teams. If managing team(s) of more junior employees full-time, then refer to the People & Business Leadership leveling criteria. Often serves as Career
Advisor Knowledge Applied: Applies advanced knowledge of learned occupation / discipline and strong business operational acumen.
Requisition ID - 47483
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.