Descrição da Vaga
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only
fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital
solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the
passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil
and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more
efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint
and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE,
the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and
reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-
how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the
spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Responsible for guiding assigned regions in the implementation and
administration of compensation and benefits programs for all employees; while
also contributing to the broader Compensation and Benefits Center of
Excellence (COE) strategies and initiatives. This is a key role in supporting
the Organization’s mission by ensuring that the compensation and benefits
programs are aligned with the Organization’s strategies and goals, and are
compliant with government regulations.
* Administers base and incentive compensation programs that are internally equitable and externally competitive.
* Manages the annual merit review process by providing training to HR, and collaborating with the Global Compensation team.
* Directs the planning, administration and implementation of job evaluation and wage and salary management programs.
* Manages and participates in salary and market surveys to determine market pay rates, salary structure and merit budgets.
* Partners with various HR generalists and client organizations to provide service-oriented compensation analysis based on the business needs of the organization and offering creative solutions.
* Directs medical, dental, pharmacy, wellness programs, other insured products and retirement benefits programs for assigned employee groups.
* Develops and executes on a benefits philosophy and practices for the organization, identifying areas for leverage within benefits design and administration.
* Monitors the effectiveness of existing benefits policy, processes and guidelines in order to recommend improvements to plans that are cost-effective, efficient and competitive with market trends and organizational objectives.
* Develops communication materials to increase employee understanding and engagement in all Company benefit programs as well as legally-required communications.
* Maintains strong relationships with the Company’s vendors and consultants and ensures quality of service, performance goals, contractual obligations and customer service are achieved.
* Provides training to Human Resources and line managers as appropriate.
* Ensures effective communication of programs along with regulatory and audit compliance.
* Supervision and development of team members
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree
* Minimum 8 years of experience in Compensation and/or Benefits delivery (3 years in management role).
* Deep and current knowledge of country-specific compensation and benefits legislation.
* Demonstrated leadership and teamwork skills; able to lead both in person and virtually.
* Proven organizational and project management skills.
* Flexible and proactive problem-solver adept at achieving results in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
* Strong Excel skills w/ proficiency in the use of functions and pivot tables.
* Passion for people and team development.
* Exceptional analytical abilities, accuracy, and attention to detail with demonstrated ability to learn new technologies.
* Personal presence, and communication skills to work with employees and business leaders alike.
* Proven ability to work in a matrixed, multi-cultural/global environment.
* Demonstrated experience in providing actionable feedback.
* SAP Payroll knowledge and experience.
* English proficiency a must.
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment
decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age,
disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by
Puesto: Human Resources