Descrição da Vaga
Position Purpose & Summary
Leads and provides direction to managers, supervisors, and indirect staff,
oversees the day-to-day transportation and logistics operations activities
across South America operation (large focus in Brazil) that spans across our
Global Edible Oil Solutions product group. Leads, advises and makes decisions
on all major logistics and transportation activities for a team that covers
inbound, warehouse, and outbound operations execution, which are typicall to
Consumer Products, Retail, Food Industry and Food Service industries. These
activities include receive/store/shipment operations’ execution, inventory
control, third party logistics provider oversight, data management, reporting
& analysis, client interaction, business partnership, and people, resource,
budget & project management.
PEOPLE, RESOURCE, BUDGET & PROJECT MANAGEMENT
* Establishes or contributes to the overall transportation and logistics core staff strategy and leads a team of transportation and logistics supervisors and/or managers and staff.
* Accountable for performance management, talent development, succession planning and engagement directly and through subordinate supervisors.
* Manages and provides coaching and/or training to team, including coaching Cargill core values, personal safety, environmental stewardship and community involvement.
* Provides oversight to subordinate supervisors in the selection of staff and other employees; determines resource need, plans for future workforce needs, and approves selection decisions.
* Responsible for budgeting duties within area of scope (forecasting, reporting P&L, etc.).
* Leads cross-department special projects for T&L, and determines how to cascade business initiatives.
SHIPMENT EXECUTION (COMPLIANCE & PROCESS)
* Executes and monitors best practices and benchmark standards, and provides feedback from the business to the broader transportation and logistics community.
* Develops and makes improvements to processes and procedures that impact GEOS across South America as it relates to transportation / supply chain management, and ensures Cargill global practices, standards and guidelines are consistently executed.
* Lead execution of network optimization efforts that impact GEOS South America. This may include route and lane optimization through the use of transportation management system tools to select carriers for best cost and delivery based on agreed upon carrier tenders.
* Optimizes utilization of more complex fleets (e.g. management of the dispatch staff, assisting the operations manager, and working closely with sales, maintenance, claims, etc.).
* May provide direction to supervisors, coordinators and indirect staff to determine stocking levels for a business, making sure other warehouses have the appropriate stock in their warehouse and arranging to have product replenished when necessary; ensures the customer will receive products in accordance with due date previously set.
* Provides oversight to third party logistic contracts and operations, leads contract administration, and coordinates the renewal of contracts to assure correct and proper performance.
* Indirectly or directly supervises the day-to-day payment and invoice approval process and works with the more complex transport modes on billing and invoicing of shipments.
* Ensures compliance with all federal, state, provincial local, and Cargill EHS program and food safety requirements.
CLIENT INTERACTION & BUSINESS PARTNERSHIP
* Manages all aspects of the delivery of GEOS South America supplies to the facility or delivery of product to customers using multiple modes, including modes which support Retail, Food Industry and Food Service industries. This is done through the proper management, training and supervision of managers, supervisors, staff and indirect staff and direct involvement to ensure the customer is satisfied and customer inquiries, incidents and/or issues are resolved in a timely manner.
* Leads transportation and logistics strategy for GEOS South America and is part of the GEOS BOSC SA extended leadership team. Coordinates the logistics and transport effort in support of product lines and supply chain business plans of GEOS South America.
* Executes and monitors the organization’s service delivery model that benchmarks processes, service levels, tools and technology. Provides feedback from the business to the broader transportation and logistics community.
* Provides oversight and control for transportation and warehouse capacity planning for operations.
* Works closely with cross functional commercial mgmt, sales, and customers to develop supply chain solutions that add value to customers and supports business plans to GEOS South America; and mode utilization to create best operational opportunity for business and customer demands.
* Coordinates claims settlement with other functions and resolves more complex carrier-related customer rejections and incidents, as well as claim recovery.
* In partnership with CTL freight sourcing teams, participates in orchestrating the selection, negotiation and contracting process with carriers impacting GEOS; manages freight spend and carrier performance expectations to best leverage a market economic and service advantage under the supervision of supply management and the local purchasing manager where applicable.
* Regularly communicates with forwarding agents, customs officials, customs brokers, and supervision companies on complicated issues; maintains relationships with outside parties (third party logistics providers, carriers, export agents and toll processors).
DATA MANAGEMENT / ANALYSIS & REPORTING
* Provides oversight to managers, supervisors, coordinators and indirect staff for data entry and data management (e.g. carrier data, customer data, vendor data, inventory data, and shipment data) for Global Edible Oil Solutions (GEOS) and with Cargill Transportation and Logistics (CTL) functions
* Develops toolsets for information visibility and decision support needs for the team, provides oversight for the development and reporting of industry standard or more complex metrics, and benchmarks with corporation and other Groups.
* Provides oversight to supervisors, coordinators and indirect staff the collection, organization, analysis, measurement, evaluation and reporting of regional or multi-country performance, cost and order data across GEOS (e.g. performance metrics, SLAs, scorecards, cost models, accruals, payments, rate updates, inventory levels, etc.).
* May provide relevant transportation operations market information and analysis to management, and other internal stakeholder groups. Acts as a regional and BU representative on transportation industry committees (internal and external).
* Regularly participates in the analysis and development of transportation and logistics modal strategy with CTL, businesses and respective product lines
Education, Experience, Skills
Minimum Required Qualifications
* Bachelor degree in Business Administration/Economy/Engineer/Logistics/Supply Chain
* 10 years minimum experience in B2C and B2B Logistics practice
* English written, listen and spoken fluently
* Team Leadership, People Management, Project Management, Analytical skills, Business Acumen, Resiliency skills
* Certificate, advanced degree (MBA, Masters, Grad, Post-Grad) in Business, Logistics and/or Supply Chain related fields
* Supply Chain and Logistics operations in Food Industries
* Spanish language skills is preferred
Cargo: Transporte / Logística e Redirecionamento